Enter Key vs Enter Key on Keypad

  I have a modal form that is displayed for user input. There is a OK
which is a TBitBtn. It has a on click event. When the control is
clicked it works as it should. When the button has the focus, the
enter key on the keypad of the keyboard can be pressed and it is the
same as clicking.
  However, when the control (OK) has focus and the enter key on the
main part of the keyboard is pressed once, nothing happens. If you
press the key twice, the enter key acts the same as the enter key on
the keypad, and the expected action occurs.
  Is there any logic as to why the enter key on the main part of the
keyboard has to be pressed twice in order for the expected action to
occur?????

Re:Enter Key vs Enter Key on Keypad

Hi Jim,
[snip]
>   However, when the control (OK) has focus and the enter key on the
> main part of the keyboard is pressed once, nothing happens. If you
> press the key twice, the enter key acts the same as the enter key on
> the keypad, and the expected action occurs.

[snip]
Hmmm... I can't seem to reproduce this.  If you can put together a small
demo project that demonstrates this behavior and post it to the
.binaries group, I'll see if I can troubleshoot the problem further.

Good luck!

--
Damon Chandler (TeamB - C++Builder)
- http://homepages.go.com/~damonchandler/vcl_faq.zip