Still having very frustrating problems with code insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Have a weird problem with code insight which I cannot seem to resolve.  On
line 2879 of my project, Code Insight, and Tooltip Expressions Works fine.
When I hit enter to go to the next line, the Code Insight and Tooltip
expression functions do not work.  Move my cursor up 1 line and they work,
move it back sown 1 line and they dont work.

This is very very very annoying because I cannot remember all the syntax for
all the commands, and I cannot remember all the commands.  So I frequently
use the Code Insight and Tooltip Exression functions.

My project is now 3286 lines long, and I am getting very wound up by having
to jump to a line above line 2879 to type some code (being able to use the
code insight etc), to then have to select the code i've just typed, cut it,
and find the position in my program where I actually want this code to be,
and paste it in.

This is driving me absolutely nuts, as I cannot see any reason for it.  It
only seems happens on this project, i've tried copying the text to another
file, creating a new .cpp file and re-pasting all the code back to the new
.cpp file and it still does the same thing.

Does anybody have any suggestions on this, as I am clean out of ideas, and
need to get around this major annoyance..................

T.I.A Woody.

---

Re:Still having very frustrating problems with code insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S  I'm using BCB5 Enterprise on WinXP, and I think I have Update#1
installed (which seems to be the only update).

"Andrew Woodall" <Wo...@dvsgroup.com> wrote in message

> I Have a weird problem with code insight which I cannot seem to resolve.
On
> line 2879 of my project, Code Insight, and Tooltip Expressions Works fine.
> When I hit enter to go to the next line, the Code Insight and Tooltip
> expression functions do not work.  Move my cursor up 1 line and they work,
> move it back sown 1 line and they dont work.

> This is very very very annoying because I cannot remember all the syntax
for
> all the commands, and I cannot remember all the commands.  So I frequently
> use the Code Insight and Tooltip Exression functions.

> My project is now 3286 lines long, and I am getting very wound up by
having
> to jump to a line above line 2879 to type some code (being able to use the
> code insight etc), to then have to select the code i've just typed, cut
it,
> and find the position in my program where I actually want this code to be,
> and paste it in.

> This is driving me absolutely nuts, as I cannot see any reason for it.  It
> only seems happens on this project, i've tried copying the text to another
> file, creating a new .cpp file and re-pasting all the code back to the new
> .cpp file and it still does the same thing.

> Does anybody have any suggestions on this, as I am clean out of ideas, and
> need to get around this major annoyance..................

> T.I.A Woody.

> ---

---

Re:Still having very frustrating problems with code insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew,

> P.S  I'm using BCB5 Enterprise on WinXP, and I think I have Update#1
> installed (which seems to be the only update).

I remember this from BCB5 but so far haven't seen it with BCB6. OTOH
BCB6 can sometimes fail to provide CI information because (and a dialog
pops up to tell you) 'there are errors in your code'. What's a bit
silly is that occasionally the error is the line I need CI for. The
solution is simple enough, remove the line that's under construction
then compile the unit then restart the line. It's an improvement on
BCB5 (BCB6 genuinely is despite what some people say here) but still
not perfect :)

Andrue Cope
[Brackley, UK]

Re:Still having very frustrating problems with code insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Andrue,
                    Thanks for that, it seems that I forgot to mention that
the line which I am getiing the CI and the line which I am not getting the
CI are both blank.  So, there seems to be a very peculiar bug or error which
is stopping the CI after that particular line (which changes, I posted this
question sometime earlier and it was on line 2379ish).

There's no code on the offending line(s) to be wrong, and the project still
compiles ok with no errors.  So, i'm really baffled and annoyed.

Thanks again for your input, hopefully there's somebody who has had and
resolved this problem who can help....

Woody.

"Andrue Cope" <no.s...@please.thanks.com> wrote in message

> Andrew,

> > P.S  I'm using BCB5 Enterprise on WinXP, and I think I have Update#1
> > installed (which seems to be the only update).

> I remember this from BCB5 but so far haven't seen it with BCB6. OTOH
> BCB6 can sometimes fail to provide CI information because (and a dialog
> pops up to tell you) 'there are errors in your code'. What's a bit
> silly is that occasionally the error is the line I need CI for. The
> solution is simple enough, remove the line that's under construction
> then compile the unit then restart the line. It's an improvement on
> BCB5 (BCB6 genuinely is despite what some people say here) but still
> not perfect :)

> Andrue Cope
> [Brackley, UK]

---

Re:Still having very frustrating problems with code insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S    The problem line has now shifted to line 2656 from line 2879 for no
apparent reason, so now the CI doesn't work after line 2656.

Woody.....

"Andrue Cope" <no.s...@please.thanks.com> wrote in message

> Andrew,

> > P.S  I'm using BCB5 Enterprise on WinXP, and I think I have Update#1
> > installed (which seems to be the only update).

> I remember this from BCB5 but so far haven't seen it with BCB6. OTOH
> BCB6 can sometimes fail to provide CI information because (and a dialog
> pops up to tell you) 'there are errors in your code'. What's a bit
> silly is that occasionally the error is the line I need CI for. The
> solution is simple enough, remove the line that's under construction
> then compile the unit then restart the line. It's an improvement on
> BCB5 (BCB6 genuinely is despite what some people say here) but still
> not perfect :)

> Andrue Cope
> [Brackley, UK]

---