Downgrading BCB 6 projects to BCB 5

Is there a documented procedure for porting BCB 6 BPR files to BCB 5
format? I would like to avoid recreating the project as there are
several hundred files involved. They can't be that different, can
they? :)

Thanks,

Matt Jacobs

--

My reply-to address is purposely mangled to thwart auto-reply bots.
Please remove the two leading underscores if you wish to reply via

Re:Downgrading BCB 6 projects to BCB 5

"Matt Jacobs" <mat...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> Is there a documented procedure for porting BCB 6 BPR files to BCB 5
> format? I would like to avoid recreating the project as there are
> several hundred files involved. They can't be that different, can
> they? :)

Even trying to upgrade a BCB5 project to BCB6 is problematical due to the
inadequacies of the upgrade wizard when one opens a BCB5 project in the BCB6
IDE, and you want to go backward somehow <g>.

If you re-create your project it shouldn't entail too much more than
creating an empty project of the appropriate type, setting the correct
project options, and adding all the files which you had in your previous
project to your new project. It can be a bit of a PITA, but unless someone
knows of a certain other way, it is much the safest way to do things without
subsequent headaches attempting to Make or Build your new project.

Re:Downgrading BCB 6 projects to BCB 5

I totally agree. I was just trying to find a way to avoid adding 300+
source files, many of which are scattered all over the place. Thanks.

--

My reply-to address is purposely mangled to thwart auto-reply bots.
Please remove the two leading underscores if you wish to reply via
e-mail.

Other Threads