Creating a star field

Hi, I'm trying to create a 3D star field using three layers of arrays.  I'm
creating a space game where you fly a ship around in a field of stars.  The
field will be a grid of sqaures 100 pixals by 100 pixals and there will be
256 squares by 256 squares.  Now I'm going to have stars scattered randomly
in this grid and I'm going to have three layers of stars.  The bottom layer
will move more slowly then the top when the player moves around the board.
Any help on how to create something like this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

--The Golden Eagle

Re:Creating a star field

> Hi, I'm trying to create a 3D star field using three layers of arrays.

Personally, I have never done it, so I can't help you much.  But what I
can do is suggest you to visit:

  http://www.torry.net/misceffanimation.htm

You can find various animation examples including star fields.

Good luck!

--
Yoto Yotov

Other Threads