stupid question about component bitmap

2007-10-04 01:20:57 AM
cppbuilder59
Hi,
under BCB3 i was able to create a DCR file to add a bitmap.
this bitmap should be after used as bitmap/icon of my custom component
on tool palette.
under C++ builder 2007, i try to use a *.rc file in which i write :
TARListView BITMAP mybitmap.bmp
and i'm not able to use this bitmap as bitmap to represent my custom
component on tool palette.
it's like it does not map the res file to my custom component in my package.
any ideas ?
thx.

Re:stupid question about component bitmap

So ok, i found where is the problem...
still the same old song :-(
i really wonder when Codegear (Borland) will finally fix this issue.
my rc file works well... i just needed to close bds2007 and to reopen it :-)
Solved.
A.

"Alain R." < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
under BCB3 i was able to create a DCR file to add a bitmap.
this bitmap should be after used as bitmap/icon of my custom
component on tool palette.
You should not have been using DCR files to begin with. That is for
Delphi's use. RES files work find in all versions of BCB.
under C++ builder 2007, i try to use a *.rc file in which i write :
TARListView BITMAP mybitmap.bmp
The class name as to be in all caps.
Gambit

{smallsort}