Comport receiving

2005-12-06 05:12:54 AM
cppbuilder84
Hello,
I created an application to read the incoming data on a comport.
The comport communication is initiated by the
'MyFileHandler=CreateFile(....)' function.
Overlapped mode is used.
It all seems to work fine, but, if 0x00 characters are received they are NOT
detected by my application. The 'WaitForMultipleObjects' function does
not initiate an event.
The GetFileType(MyFileHandler) returns FILE_TYPE_CHAR.
Does this mean that by definition 0x00 charaters can not be handled because
they act as an END-OF-STRING character?
Anybody has any experience or idea?
Thanks
Henk

Re:Comport receiving

Well let me answer myself.
After many hours and searching the web I found out it was my fault
I had set the DeviceControlBlock.fNull bit to '1' so 0x00 characters where
ignored.
euhhh...... ;-)
Anyway, thanks for listening.
"Henk van Winkoop" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht