C++ Woes - help needed for a nOOb

I am new to Borland Turbo C++ [Free Edition] although not new to programming
but I must admit that I have run into a complete brick wall when it comes to
using Borland's Turbo C++ development Environment. Maybe it's just me but I
don't think so!
I had hoped to try my hand learning C++ via this development environment but
so far I have had little (if any) success and the poor documentation doesn't
help much either. There is one issue that continually puzzles me too: The
development environment and help files continually make reference to
"Delphi" this and that - now I understand that Delphi is another [separate]
programming language so why am I constantly being subjected to Delphi
options in the middle of a Turbo C++ program ???? Here's an example:
In the section entitled "Building a Windows Application" this is what the
guide says:
To create a Windows project
1. In the New Items dialog, select Delphi Projects and double-click
Application. The Windows Designer displays.
2. If necessary, select Design view.
3. From the Tool Palette, drag components onto the designer to create the
user interface.
4. Associate logic with controls.
Firstly, why am I being instructed to select "Delphi Projects" when I am
working in C++ ????? This seems ridiculous!!!!
Furthermore, the instructions say to select "Delphi Projects" but there is
no such option to select this. If I click on FILE/NEW the only menu options
available are: Other & Customize.
If I click on "Other" I have an option of
"Other files" which includes "Code Template", "Project Group" and "Text"
OR
"Web Documents" which includes "CSS Style Sheets", "HTML Page" etc
Nowhere is there an option for "Application"!!! Very frustrating!
If I select the other option, "Customise", I get the options of C++Builder,
Delphi Projects [Again with Delphi Sic !!!], Other Files. Web Documents none
of which contain an "Application:" option either. I can't seem to get to
first base with this software!! Even trying to create the "Hello World" app
example fails because nothing is available where it should be.
Can anybody throw some light on what may be going wrong here and, if
possible, point me in the direction of some good tutorials that actually
work and which will help me come to grips with this software ???? Your help
would be much appreciated.

Re:C++ Woes - help needed for a nOOb

"Simon" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am new to Borland Turbo C++ [Free Edition] although not new to
programming but I must admit that I have run into a complete brick
wall when it comes to using Borland's Turbo C++ development
Environment. Maybe it's just me but I don't think so!

This newsgroup is actually for the old Borland C++ compiler, not the
Turbo C++ product. Your question probably belongs in
borland.public.cppbuilder.ide (I know, the newgroup names don't match
the products anymore).
--
Bruce