SHBrowseForFolder / how to compile ?

2006-02-21 01:04:44 AM
cppbuilder50
Hi !
I am a beginner in BC++ (using BDS 2006).
I'd like to use SHBrowseForFolder in a program.
I tried to find where it is, and i found there was a ShlObj.hpp in the
include dir, but i didn't manage to find the SHBrowseForFolder with the
include.
I then tried to include ShlObj.h, but the prog does not compile.
I found in a site the need to define NO_WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN in my app,
and doing it, it compiles.
Could someone explain why do i need to define this to be able to
compile, and is this the right way to do to use Shell functions ?
Thanks and best regards,
Tom.

Re:SHBrowseForFolder / how to compile ?

Take a look here
borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using
under
TOpenDialog selecting directory

"Tom" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I found in a site the need to define NO_WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
in my app, and doing it, it compiles.
That is what you have to do.
is this the right way to do to use Shell functions ?
Yes, it is.
Gambit

{smallsort}