What would make a program freeze and disappear?

2007-05-18 01:35:34 PM
cppbuilder108
I have an application that I have written in B6. Many forms and many
controls. It runs 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The same application runs on
4 different boxes that have had days worth of memory tests.
Once in a while, once a month or every other month it freezes for a few
seconds and disappears, without any error notice. I have no idea where to
look for a reason.
Any ideas?

Re:What would make a program freeze and disappear?

On Thu, 17 May 2007 22:35:34 -0700, "sss" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Any ideas?
infinite recursion?
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

"sss" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have an application that I have written in B6. Many forms and many
controls. It runs 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The same application runs
on 4 different boxes that have had days worth of memory tests.

Once in a while, once a month or every other month it freezes for a few
seconds and disappears, without any error notice. I have no idea where to
look for a reason.

Any ideas?
Do you see anything in the Windows event log?

{smallsort}

sss wrote:
I have an application that I have written in B6. Many forms and many
controls. It runs 12 hours a day 6 days a week. The same application runs
on 4 different boxes that have had days worth of memory tests.

Once in a while, once a month or every other month it freezes for a few
seconds and disappears, without any error notice. I have no idea where to
look for a reason.

Any ideas?
Have you tried adding an exception logger like EurekaLog / madExcept?
www.eurekalog.com
www.madshi.net
Jon

"sss" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Once in a while, once a month or every other month it freezes for a
few seconds and disappears, without any error notice. I have no idea
where to look for a reason.

Any ideas?
Resource leaks?