Get the path for an installed application

2004-04-03 04:49:24 AM
cppbuilder13
Hi,
How can I get, with a button click, the path for an installed
program (example: get the path for outlook.exe or winword.exe,
etc.) and assign it to a string?
thanks in advance
Rob

Re:Get the path for an installed application

Applications often add a registry entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software
for apps which includes a path to the app. This may help you find them.
HTH Pete