TServiceApplication probelem

2004-06-20 03:35:21 PM
cppbuilder37
Hi,
I hope this is the correct group for my question.
I wrote a service application and now I need to change the Service name. The
application works properly, but when I change the service name from MISCTRL
to CISCTRL, I receive this error message when installing the service:
"Exception EResNotFound in module ContractCF.EXE at 00000000. Resource
TCISCTRL Not Found".
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Mehrdad

Re:TServiceApplication probelem

"M. Noroozi Eghbali" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I wrote a service application and now I need to change
the Service name. The application works properly, but
when I change the service name from MISCTRL to
CISCTRL, I receive this error message when installing
the service: "Exception EResNotFound in module
ContractCF.EXE at 00000000. Resource TCISCTRL
Not Found".
How exactly did you change the name? What were your exact steps?
Gambit

Re:TServiceApplication probelem

Remy, Thank you for your soon reply. I changed the Name and the Display Name
Properties of the TMISCTRL which is a TService component. I left the
ServiceStartName blank. Thats all.
Thanks,
Mehrdad

"M. Noroozi Eghbali" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I wrote a service application and now I need to change
>the Service name. The application works properly, but
>when I change the service name from MISCTRL to
>CISCTRL, I receive this error message when installing
>the service: "Exception EResNotFound in module
>ContractCF.EXE at 00000000. Resource TCISCTRL
>Not Found".

How exactly did you change the name? What were your exact steps?

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:TServiceApplication probelem

"M. Noroozi Eghbali" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I changed the Name and the Display Name Properties of
the TMISCTRL which is a TService component. I left the
ServiceStartName blank. Thats all.
You did not answer my question. How EXACTLY are you changing the values? I
assume that you are using the Object Inspector and not doing it manually
inthe code directly?
Gambit

Re:TServiceApplication probelem

Yes, You are right. I changed the nams in the object inspectory. And after
that I searched for the old name in the code but I found nothing to change.
The only change was this: MISCTRL ->CISCTRL
Thank you,
Mehrdad