docking manager

I'm trying around with dockable windows in BCB 5. I found the property
"UseDockManager". How can I use or write such a "DockManager". There are no
meaningful answers in the online help when searching for this keyword.
Do I need a docking manager or can I solve aligning of docking windows with
the standard properties (alignment, anchors etc.) of TWindow?
Thanks in advance
Lothar Brandner

Re:docking manager

hi there!
"UseDockManager". How can I use or write such a "DockManager".
this isn't really an answer, just an advice (well, sort of)...
->i found a lot of information regarding docking,
(components and source), from delphi. [try torry.net].
->i once included a delphi code (actually a component) in
a bcb project just to get the proper docking and loading/saving
to ini files.
->i haven't really opened it yet, but there's a docking
project included in bcb samples.
-maybe you'll find what you need there.
that's it! hope this helps.
Happy Programming! :)

Re:docking manager

Hi
I am using a PageControl with two tabs and on each tab I have placed a
TPanel and aligned it to the corresponding Tab. I create some forms
dynamically during program execution and name the forms dynamically. Then I
use each TPanels docking manager's SaveToStream function to save the docking
lay out and LoadToStream on program start up to recreate the docking lay
out. The problem is whenever I create forms to dock on each TPanel and save
the lay out, only one of the TPanels saves the lay out correctly. And the
TPanel that saves the lay out correctly changes randomly. If I only dock
forms on one tab and save the lay out it works correctly every time. The
panels are saving their docking layouts to separate files. Can any one tell
me if their is some windows interference that I don't know about.
--
William Westbrooks
Gregg Engineering, Inc.

{smallsort}

Re:docking manager

Hi
I found out the problem I was changing the inactive tab's docked form's
visibility to false in the onchange event of the page control and this was
causing the non active tabs docking lay out to be saved incorrectly, because
the forms where not visible.