Common directory selection dialog?

2008-07-03 04:45:48 AM
cppbuilder79
Is there a VCL component that wraps SHBrowseForFolder and shows the common
directory selection dialog? I'm kind of sick of copying + pasting my
directory selection code from program to program. It would be nice to be
able to just drag a component onto a form.
Thanks,
Jason

Re:Common directory selection dialog?

"Jason Cipriani" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Is there a VCL component that wraps SHBrowseForFolder
The VCL has an overloaded version of the SelectDirectory() function for
that.
Gambit

news:486be8fb$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Is there a VCL component that wraps SHBrowseForFolder

The VCL has an overloaded version of the SelectDirectory() function for
that.
Guess that has to be good enough! Thanks.
Jason

{smallsort}

Re:Common directory selection dialog?

On or about Wed, 2 Jul 2008 22:05:23 -0400 did "Jason Cipriani"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >dribble thusly:
news:486c1ed8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>"Jason Cipriani" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:486be8fb$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>>Is there a VCL component that wraps SHBrowseForFolder
>
>The VCL has an overloaded version of the SelectDirectory() function for
>that.

Guess that has to be good enough! Thanks.
It's not. You can't specify the window parent, so if it's called from a
secondary form, the application's main form is brought to focus before the
dialog is displayed.
Best to make your own wrapper and stick it in a unit you can add to any
project.