Using ADO with Views

2005-02-20 01:05:45 PM
cppbuilder16
I am trying to use ADO by updating a record in SQL Server 2000 via a view.
The post() method seems to go directly to the table bypassing the view.
Anyone know how to make post() use the view.
Thanks

Re:Using ADO with Views

Are you using data-aware Grids with Views? What are the Views you are
referring to?
"Irwin Aschkenas" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am trying to use ADO by updating a record in SQL Server 2000 via a view.
The post() method seems to go directly to the table bypassing the view.
Anyone know how to make post() use the view.

Thanks

Re:Using ADO with Views

I was referring to using views within SQL Server via ADO. If use the
ADO Post method it seems to bypass the view.

news:42181aa4$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I am trying to use ADO by updating a record in SQL Server 2000 via a view.
>The post() method seems to go directly to the table bypassing the view.
>Anyone know how to make post() use the view.
>
>Thanks

{smallsort}

Re:Using ADO with Views

You need to define the view with "view_metadata". This is covered in the
online documentation that comes with sql server.

Re:Using ADO with Views

Thanks.. That was it..