How to put name & version in executable

2004-01-08 01:13:56 AM
cppbuilder47
Hi,
When I look to the list of modules that are running in memory, they all have
a program name and version. My own executables are reported as
"unknown" and "?" for the version. I'm not happy my "creations" look like
suspicious malware this way. It's probably not to difficult but I simply
don't know how to do it.
Chris.

Re:How to put name & version in executable

When I look to the list of modules that are running in memory, they all
have
a program name and version. My own executables are reported as
"unknown" and "?" for the version.
Project->Options, then go to version info tab. You can enter all everthing
from there. I tend to use this info for auto-updating my client executable
when need be.

Re:How to put name & version in executable

I have no doubt this works but I'm using the free command line compiler
together with JFE editor, not the dedicated IDE.
Thanks anyway, I'll keep it in mind for the future.
Chris.
JunkMail < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in berichtnieuws
3ffc6d30$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>When I look to the list of modules that are running in memory, they all
have
>a program name and version. My own executables are reported as
>"unknown" and "?" for the version.

Project->Options, then go to version info tab. You can enter all
everthing
from there. I tend to use this info for auto-updating my client
executable
when need be.

{smallsort}

Re:How to put name & version in executable

Hi, if i recall correctly it may be a resource file thing. Include a
VERSION_INFO resource in your .RC file. I've got no idea what the
format is off hand, but their should be some samples with builder.
Cheers
jamie
Jamie O'Brien
XXXX@XXXXX.COM