Re-compile

2003-08-28 11:05:40 PM
cppbuilder31
Hi,
Currently I'm working on a project with about 3 million lines of code. After
I changed a source file and do a make, the compiler compiles the source file
but does not link the file. I now have to rebuild the whole project when I
change something in a source file.
How can I tell Builder to only compile and link the changed source file?
Thanks
Dieter

Re:Re-compile

"Dieter" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
How can I tell Builder to only compile and link the changed source file?
Project|Make.
Daniel

Re:Re-compile

Currently I'm working on a project with about 3 million lines of code.
After
I changed a source file and do a make, the compiler compiles the source
file
but does not link the file. I now have to rebuild the whole project when I
change something in a source file.
Try deleting the incremental link files (*.IL*) and then do a make.
Regards,
Bruce

{smallsort}

Re:Re-compile

Hi,
How can I avoid rebuilding my whole project if I only changed one source
file. My project is about 3 million lines long and lately I have to rebuild
everything to reflect the change.
Thanks
Dieter

Re:Re-compile

What should I look for in my system date. All I see is that the file dates
is older than my system date which is what I expect it to be. Any other
comments?
Thanks
Dieter

Re:Re-compile

Dieter wrote:
What should I look for in my system date. All I see is that the file dates
is older than my system date which is what I expect it to be. Any other
comments?
Make doesn't care about the system date.
It compares the date of the source against the date of the object.
If the source is "newer" then it compiles.
Point that I had was the IDE would write a source with a future time,
and make/compiler would write an obj with the current time so it would
still be "old".
The make option -B builds reguardless of date.
You could also turn off autodependancy which tracks changes to header
files.

Re:Re-compile

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:56:34 +0200, "Dieter" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
What should I look for in my system date. All I see is that the file dates
is older than my system date which is what I expect it to be. Any other
comments?

Thanks
Dieter

You also could do strip auto depends (see about adding it to the tool
menu under advanced)
HTH
Jeff Kish