(Re-) Install problem with Builder5 and Win 2000

2004-07-30 06:23:02 PM
cppbuilder12
Hello out there,
I had very strange experience:
1) I installed Bld5 under W2000 running as user. Not a good idea: The
(just in time) de{*word*81} didn't get installed, PATH wasn't set.
2) So I de-installed it and then re-installed with admin privileges.
Now things are really strange:
- Running as user Builder doesn't have any VCL components any more:
There is only the 'System' tab with one component - the rest is gone.
- Running as admin the components are there, but now the compiler has
gone nuts: For every source file it produces a file C:\MNN.obj - 'MNN'
being the workstation's name.
This makes it rather unusable :(
Any ideas on how to solve this will be greatly appreciated.
Helmut Giese

Re:(Re-) Install problem with Builder5 and Win 2000

Helmut Giese wrote:
Any ideas on how to solve this will be greatly appreciated.
Reinstall it as the user who intends to use it would be my guess but
there is a .install section on this newsgroup and it is one of the few
sections that Borland staff actively monitor.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:(Re-) Install problem with Builder5 and Win 2000

On 30 Jul 2004 04:33:12 -0700, "Andrue Cope [TeamB]"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Helmut Giese wrote:

>Any ideas on how to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Reinstall it as the user who intends to use it would be my guess but
there is a .install section on this newsgroup and it is one of the few
sections that Borland staff actively monitor.
Thanks,
I'll turn there.
Helmut Giese

{smallsort}

Re:(Re-) Install problem with Builder5 and Win 2000

Helmut,
To solve the empty component palette problem, log in as the user that will
be using BCB5, run the BCB5 installer, and opt to do a "Registry Only"
installation. Alternatively, you could export the following Registry key
from your administrator account to your user account:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Borland | C++Builder | 5.0
Regarding your MNN.obj issue, that output file is very likely referenced
somewhere in your .bpr project file. Open up the .bpr in a text editor like
Notepad, and search for references to MNN. Post what you find here. That
might yield some clues. Alternatively, if you can send me a full
reproducible test project (including the .bpr, .cpp, .res, and .h), then
please e-mail it to me privately, and I'll have a look at it. The test
project would have to be extremely simple, ideally consisting of only the
default Form and nothing else. Don't send any .exe or .zip attachments
because my mail server currently isn't accepting those.
-- YH --