!!!HELP: debugging doesn't work any more!!!

2004-11-19 05:33:35 PM
cppbuilder76
Hi,
For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
in the margin any more. When I press F8 to start the
application, it just runs without stopping at breakpoints. I
have compiled the code in the (default) debugging mode.
I tried removing the TDS file and all obj's and then rebuilding
the application: doesn't help. No dots. No debugging.
WHAT'S WRONG??? HEEEEEEELP!!!!!

Re:!!!HELP: debugging doesn't work any more!!!

| Hi,
|
| For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
| in the margin any more. When I press F8 to start the
| application, it just runs without stopping at breakpoints. I
| have compiled the code in the (default) debugging mode.
|
| I tried removing the TDS file and all obj's and then rebuilding
| the application: doesn't help. No dots. No debugging.
|
| WHAT'S WRONG??? HEEEEEEELP!!!!!

I dont know what is wrong. Did you close your project app by pressing
Reset button while debugging?

Close the project and open again - it will help.

Yes, I regularly use the reset button to jump out of
debugging, but it always (well, most of the times) keep
working fine. Closing and reopening the project didn't help.

--
([-: May The Force Be With You! :-])
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{smallsort}

Martijn wrote:
For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
in the margin any more.
What version of Builder and what version of Windows?
Is it possible that your TDS file(s) are not in the same directory as
the EXE?
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Andrue Cope wrote:

>For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
>in the margin any more.

What version of Builder and what version of Windows?

Is it possible that your TDS file(s) are not in the same
directory as the EXE?
No, they are in the same dir. I work with version 6.0 (build 10.166) under XP (build 2600 SP1).
I had previously opened two component packages (dclusr_rt en dclusr_dt), because I wanted to debug one of the custom
controls. From that moment on, debugging didn't work anymore.
After I removed both packages from the project group (which had
been automatically added by the IDE), I got it to work again.
Note that the run-time package is compiled in debug mode and
the design time package in release mode. Could that have been
the problem?
Martijn

Re:!!!HELP: debugging doesn't work any more!!!

"Martijn" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

|>|
|>| Hi,
|>|
|>| For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
|>| in the margin any more. When I press F8 to start the
|>| application, it just runs without stopping at breakpoints. I
|>| have compiled the code in the (default) debugging mode.
|>|
|>| I tried removing the TDS file and all obj's and then rebuilding
|>| the application: doesn't help. No dots. No debugging.
|>|
|>| WHAT'S WRONG??? HEEEEEEELP!!!!!
|>
|>I dont know what is wrong. Did you close your project app by
pressing
|>Reset button while debugging?
|>
|>Close the project and open again - it will help.
|>

| Yes, I regularly use the reset button to jump out of
| debugging, but it always (well, most of the times) keep
| working fine. Closing and reopening the project didn't help.
Sometimes, very rarely, I have to close Builder and rerun it to make
debugging work fine.
--
([-: May The Force Be With You! :-])
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re:!!!HELP: debugging doesn't work any more!!!

"Martijn" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
in the margin any more. When I press F8 to start the
application, it just runs without stopping at breakpoints. I
have compiled the code in the (default) debugging mode.
Did you change the Project Options to put the project into Release mode
instead of Debug mode?
Gambit

"Martijn" wrote:
For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
in the margin any more.

Make sure project you want to debug is the last one
in project group (as show by project manager).
Don't ask why...
/Pavel

"Pavel Vozenilek" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

| "Martijn" wrote:
|
|>For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
|>in the margin any more.
|>
| Make sure project you want to debug is the last one
| in project group (as show by project manager).
| Don't ask why...

I always debug the first one, the second in the group is always
"release". So it does not have to be that way...
--
([-: May The Force Be With You! :-])
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re:!!!HELP: debugging doesn't work any more!!!

For some strange reason Builder does not show the blue dots
in the margin any more. When I press F8 to start the
application, it just runs without stopping at breakpoints. I
have compiled the code in the (default) debugging mode.

I tried removing the TDS file and all obj's and then rebuilding
the application: doesn't help. No dots. No debugging.

WHAT'S WRONG??? HEEEEEEELP!!!!!
Does this happen for packages?
If yes then the debug information were not loaded for
this particular package. There seems to be some
maximum amount of debug data (~50MB of tds files)
that BCB is able to handle.
Our usual approach is to hide tds files of packages
not needed for the debug session.
HTH
Torsten