DecimalSeparator fails

2005-12-14 06:28:44 AM
cppbuilder24
Hello,
My program must be able to run for different decimal system.
So I need to use DecimalSeparator. But then I get a *char char error.
Do I need to include a header file to get it running ? if yes which one?
Thanks

Re:DecimalSeparator fails

"Clovis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
My program must be able to run for different decimal system.
So I need to use DecimalSeparator. But then I get a *char char error.
Please always quote the EXACT error messages word for word.
Gambit

Re:DecimalSeparator fails

Clovis wrote:
My program must be able to run for different decimal system.
So I need to use DecimalSeparator. But then I get a *char char error.
Please show the code where you use DecimalSeparator. And supply
the exact error.
Hans.

{smallsort}

Re:DecimalSeparator fails

news:439f4ac9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>My program must be able to run for different decimal system.
>So I need to use DecimalSeparator. But then I get a *char char error.

Please always quote the EXACT error messages word for word.

Gambit

the errors are
- type name expected
- cannot convert 'chart*' to 'int'
Thanks

Re:DecimalSeparator fails

Clovis wrote:
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

>"Clovis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:439f4ac9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>

>>My program must be able to run for different decimal system.
>>So I need to use DecimalSeparator. But then I get a *char char error.
>

>Please always quote the EXACT error messages word for word.
>

>Gambit

the errors are
- type name expected
- cannot convert 'chart*' to 'int'
Thanks
The declaration is
DecimalSeparator = ".";
I wrote a mistake, the error is
cannot convert 'chart*' to 'chart'
Thanks for any answer

Re:DecimalSeparator fails

Clovis wrote:
Hello,
My program must be able to run for different decimal system.
So I need to use DecimalSeparator. But then I get a *char char error.
Do I need to include a header file to get it running ? if yes which one?
Thanks
Hello,
It was a simple mistake
= '.'; is good
= "."; is wrong
Thanks

Re:DecimalSeparator fails

"Clovis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
DecimalSeparator = ".";
DecimalSeparator is a single character, not a string.
DecimalSeparator = '.';
I wrote a mistake, the error is
cannot convert 'chart*' to 'chart'
I think you meant 'char' instead of 'chart'. Again, please always
COPY/PASTE the exact error messages as-is.
As for the error, it is correct, since you are passing the wrong type of
value to DecimalSeparator in the first place.
Gambit

Re:DecimalSeparator fails

Clovis wrote:
>the errors are