bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

In the midst of a conversion from bcb 6 to bds 2006 I have noticed a common
theme. bds 2006 has a lot of problems compiling pascal code to output it for
C++ builder. Not sure if this only applies to packages or not, but my ide
has crashed left right and center along with compiler and linker errors.
This happens on numerous packages I compile from dev express grid v 3.2.2
but ONLY happens when in the linker settings I tell bds to output all C++
builder files. With that option off it works fine. Looks like bds has worse
stability than bcb 6 had in terms of bcb and delphi compatibility?
Any thoughts or comments?
--
Mark Vejvoda
website: www.soft-haus.com

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

In article <44be5b44$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"softcoder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
but ONLY happens when in the linker settings I tell bds to output all C++
builder files. With that option off it works fine. Looks like bds has worse
stability than bcb 6 had in terms of bcb and delphi compatibility?

Any thoughts or comments?
I've had a very different experience. In general it has been far
easier to compile Delphi packages for BDS2006. The only think you have
to remember is to not use C++ packages for Delphi source. Use Delphi
Packages instead with the "All C++ files" and it works pretty well.
(There are some minor niggles, like getting #include <X.h>instead of
<x.hpp>and things like that which have been very easy to fix.)
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

Mark,
If you have reproducable test cases, please submit them to QC so that we
can fix them.
Thanks!,
-Adam
"softcoder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
In the midst of a conversion from bcb 6 to bds 2006 I have noticed a
common theme. bds 2006 has a lot of problems compiling pascal code to
output it for C++ builder. Not sure if this only applies to packages or
not, but my ide has crashed left right and center along with compiler and
linker errors. This happens on numerous packages I compile from dev
express grid v 3.2.2 but ONLY happens when in the linker settings I tell
bds to output all C++ builder files. With that option off it works fine.
Looks like bds has worse stability than bcb 6 had in terms of bcb and
delphi compatibility?

Any thoughts or comments?

--
Mark Vejvoda
website: www.soft-haus.com
blog: www.soft-haus.com/blog

{smallsort}

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

I've submitted each IDE crash via the automated error reporting to QC as
well as the main one: 31392
P.S. I'm going to try the Delphi Mode packages with C++ turned on and see if
it is more stable.
Thanks

news:44be5b44$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>In the midst of a conversion from bcb 6 to bds 2006 I have noticed a
>common theme. bds 2006 has a lot of problems compiling pascal code to
>output it for C++ builder. Not sure if this only applies to packages or
>not, but my ide has crashed left right and center along with compiler and
>linker errors. This happens on numerous packages I compile from dev
>express grid v 3.2.2 but ONLY happens when in the linker settings I tell
>bds to output all C++ builder files. With that option off it works fine.
>Looks like bds has worse stability than bcb 6 had in terms of bcb and
>delphi compatibility?
>
>Any thoughts or comments?
>
>--
>Mark Vejvoda
>website: www.soft-haus.com
>blog: www.soft-haus.com/blog

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

FYI:
Ok I've updated the QC entry and found that the bds IDE gets flaked once you
start getting errors in C++ mode. I have successfully compiled the dxGrid
3.2.2 when opening bds 2006 and going directly in delphi persona and
compiling packages with C++ builder turned on in linker settings. I have
also changed the severity on the QC entry.
"Adam Markowitz (Borland)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Mark,
If you have reproducable test cases, please submit them to QC so that we
can fix them.

Thanks!,
-Adam

"softcoder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:44be5b44$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>In the midst of a conversion from bcb 6 to bds 2006 I have noticed a
>common theme. bds 2006 has a lot of problems compiling pascal code to
>output it for C++ builder. Not sure if this only applies to packages or
>not, but my ide has crashed left right and center along with compiler and
>linker errors. This happens on numerous packages I compile from dev
>express grid v 3.2.2 but ONLY happens when in the linker settings I tell
>bds to output all C++ builder files. With that option off it works fine.
>Looks like bds has worse stability than bcb 6 had in terms of bcb and
>delphi compatibility?
>
>Any thoughts or comments?
>
>--
>Mark Vejvoda
>website: www.soft-haus.com
>blog: www.soft-haus.com/blog

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

Mark,
Great. Thanks for the information and we'll prioritize this bug
appropriately.

message news:44be60fd$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Mark,
>If you have reproducable test cases, please submit them to QC so that we
>can fix them.
>
>Thanks!,
>-Adam
>
>"softcoder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:44be5b44$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>In the midst of a conversion from bcb 6 to bds 2006 I have noticed a
>>common theme. bds 2006 has a lot of problems compiling pascal code to
>>output it for C++ builder. Not sure if this only applies to packages or
>>not, but my ide has crashed left right and center along with compiler
>>and linker errors. This happens on numerous packages I compile from dev
>>express grid v 3.2.2 but ONLY happens when in the linker settings I tell
>>bds to output all C++ builder files. With that option off it works fine.
>>Looks like bds has worse stability than bcb 6 had in terms of bcb and
>>delphi compatibility?
>>
>>Any thoughts or comments?
>>
>>--
>>Mark Vejvoda
>>website: www.soft-haus.com
>>blog: www.soft-haus.com/blog

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

If you have reproducable test cases, please submit them to QC so that we
can fix them.
How's HotFix 7 coming along?

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

David,
That's a good question. I'll prod some people and see what info I can
disseminate.
-Adam
"David Perkins" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>If you have reproducable test cases, please submit them to QC so that
>we can fix them.

How's HotFix 7 coming along?

Re:bds 2006 has broken pascal support for C++ persona?

David,
It's in the works and will be available as soon as possible.
-Adam

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...