Find source from .h file

2006-09-04 03:58:38 PM
cppbuilder10
Is there a simple way to jump to the implementation of a in the headre
declared function? Using builder 5 and 6.
ps Formerly used to delphi, it was possible to click ctrl+shift+down to jump
to the implementation when the declaration was selected.
Arnold

Re:Find source from .h file

Arnold Douma wrote:
Is there a simple way to jump to the implementation of a in the
headre declared function? Using builder 5 and 6.
With BCB6 you hold down Ctrl and left click. I don't think this was
available in BCB5 (but I could be wrong).
An important word of caution this can lead to the IDE loading a file
into two different edit buffers. Before editing it is worth using
Ctrl+F6 twice to jump from the H to the CPP and back. You will often
find that the first Ctrl+F6 causes a new edit buffer to open. This is a
valid edit buffer and the second time you hit Ctrl+F6 you will stay
'in' that buffer. This leaves the buffer opened when you went to the
declaration as an orphan.
The really bad bit is that the IDE doesn't realise that this orphan is
the same file now open in the valid buffer. The result can be confusion
and lost source if you edit the wrong one. This bug is reported on QC
but at present QC seems to be down or misbehaving.
Thankfully it was fixed in BDS2006.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:Find source from .h file

Hi,
Thanks for the responce, but probably I don't understand this completly but
I would like to find the code which implements the declared function, not
the other way around....
Is that possible too?
"Andrue Cope [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
Arnold Douma wrote:

>Is there a simple way to jump to the implementation of a in the
>headre declared function? Using builder 5 and 6.

With BCB6 you hold down Ctrl and left click. I don't think this was
available in BCB5 (but I could be wrong).

An important word of caution this can lead to the IDE loading a file
into two different edit buffers. Before editing it is worth using
Ctrl+F6 twice to jump from the H to the CPP and back. You will often
find that the first Ctrl+F6 causes a new edit buffer to open. This is a
valid edit buffer and the second time you hit Ctrl+F6 you will stay
'in' that buffer. This leaves the buffer opened when you went to the
declaration as an orphan.

The really bad bit is that the IDE doesn't realise that this orphan is
the same file now open in the valid buffer. The result can be confusion
and lost source if you edit the wrong one. This bug is reported on QC
but at present QC seems to be down or misbehaving.

Thankfully it was fixed in BDS2006.

--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]