How to stop de{*word*81} bringing up VCL code

2007-02-01 03:24:28 AM
cppbuilder28
I'm pretty sure there's something you can tick in the de{*word*81} options but I
can't find it anywhere.

Re:How to stop de{*word*81} bringing up VCL code

I'm pretty sure there's something you can tick in the de{*word*81} options but I
can't find it anywhere.
Linker - Build with debug libraries?

Re:How to stop de{*word*81} bringing up VCL code

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Tom Byars" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Subject: How to stop de{*word*81} bringing up VCL code
[snip]
I'm pretty sure there's something you can tick in the de{*word*81} options but I
can't find it anywhere.
Oddly enough, people usually ask how to turn it on. You could:
1- Turn on runtime packages
or
2- Turn on dynamic RTL
both must be off to trace into the VCL source.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

{smallsort}

Re:How to stop de{*word*81} bringing up VCL code

Thanks, but unless I'm missing something neither of those suggestions have
the effect I'm looking for. On the project options Linker tab (Linking pane)
I've got Create Debug Information ticked, Use Dynamic RTL ticked and Use
Debug Libraries unticked (I would've thought the last of these was what I
was looking for). Anyway, with those settings if I ran the code
AnsiString Str;
if (Str[1]=='k') Str="";
the de{*word*81} would take me to the line (ThrowIfOutOfRange(idx)) in the vcl
dstring.h file instead of the line in my code that caused the error.

In article <45c20584$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Tom Byars" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
the de{*word*81} would take me to the line (ThrowIfOutOfRange(idx)) in the vcl
dstring.h file instead of the line in my code that caused the error.
Did you know that you can look in the call stack window and work your
way back to your own code?
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:How to stop de{*word*81} bringing up VCL code

I did David but, as in many cases, the call stack window only shows the
procedure the error happened in rather than the line within the procedure
that caused the error.

In article <45c24130$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Tom Byars" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I did David but, as in many cases, the call stack window only shows the
procedure the error happened in rather than the line within the procedure
that caused the error.
If you double click on it, it should go to the line in question.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:How to stop de{*word*81} bringing up VCL code

It does indeed David. Thanks for your time.