remove a library from project

2007-05-03 12:03:53 AM
cppbuilder31
I have a project file build by an associate. He has a product "codesite"
which when on my machine generates a link error. in BCB6 we could edit the
project (bpk) file and remove all the libraries. How do you do this in
BSD2006

Re:remove a library from project

In article <4638b669$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Douglas Stites" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I have a project file build by an associate. He has a product "codesite"
which when on my machine generates a link error. in BCB6 we could edit the
project (bpk) file and remove all the libraries. How do you do this in
BSD2006
When you compile, you should get a dialog box popping up which says
something to the effect of "Cannot locate library" with a check box
"Remove this reference" check this box, and say OK. (Then save the
project to make sure it sticks)
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:remove a library from project

The dialogue you speak of never appeard. (I have seen it before, but not
this time)

{smallsort}

Re:remove a library from project

The dialogue you speak of never appeard. (I have seen it before, but not
this time)
I suggest going to Project | Options | Packages
and, if the list of runtime packages is disabled
(because the option is turned OFF), then temporarily
turn it ON and edit the list of packages. By default,
it is all packages and you can trim it quite a bit,
or just remove the one(s) that are incorrect. Then
turn the "use packages" option back to however you
want it. That should remove the static lib from the
project too. If not, then you might have to edit
the project file outside of the IDE in any text
editor. Just search for the name and remove it
wherever it occurs.
--Craig

Re:remove a library from project

On Thu, 03 May 2007 10:45:11 -0700, Craig Farrell
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I suggest going to Project | Options | Packages
or better yet not to use that Packages tab at all (always Off) but
instead include needed packages/libs with #pragma comment
project too. If not, then you might have to edit
the project file outside of the IDE in any text
editor. Just search for the name and remove it
wherever it occurs.
which is quite bothersome and error prone. moreover try to port your
app to a new bcb release and you'll have to start it all over again
(automatic project upgrade is pita and apparently only works in simple
cases)
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan