C++ Builder 6 Linker warning

2007-07-04 05:50:05 PM
cppbuilder64
Can anyone give me a some idea as to what this following linker
warning is, I only get it when I compile code for 'Release' version
and not with Debug:
[Linker Warning] Public symbol '_STL::basic_ostream<char,
_STL::char_traits<char>>& _STL::operator <<(_STL::basic_ostream<char,
_STL::char_traits<char>>&, signed char)' defined in both module C:\PUP
\PTM\TESTING\PTMTESTSUITEEEPROMWRITEFRAME.OBJ and C:\PUP\PTM\TESTING
\PTMTESTSUITENVMPAGEWRITEFRAME.OBJ
I have looked through both packages but don't see anything obvious.
Any pointers appreciated.

Re:C++ Builder 6 Linker warning

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:50:05 -0700, BPW
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Can anyone give me a some idea as to what this following linker
warning is, I only get it when I compile code for 'Release' version
and not with Debug:
[Linker Warning] Public symbol '_STL::basic_ostream<char,
_STL::char_traits<char>>& _STL::operator <<(_STL::basic_ostream<char,
_STL::char_traits<char>>&, signed char)' defined in both module C:\PUP
\PTM\TESTING\PTMTESTSUITEEEPROMWRITEFRAME.OBJ and C:\PUP\PTM\TESTING
\PTMTESTSUITENVMPAGEWRITEFRAME.OBJ

I have looked through both packages but don't see anything obvious.
Any pointers appreciated.
This is
std::ostringstream& std::string operator<<(std::ostringstream&,char);
It is a template function, and it has been instantiated twice. Try
changing template generation options to see if you may make it
disappear, or you may (motre or less) safely ignore it
Regards,
Zara