Advance Compiler, Instruction Set choice

2008-04-23 07:16:09 AM
cppbuilder90
Any reason, why I should compile using the Pentium Pro option.
It seems that 386 and 486 are quite old and "Pentium Pro" appears most
recent? Am I correct?
Thanks,
Julian

Re:Advance Compiler, Instruction Set choice

Julian < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Any reason, why I should compile using the Pentium Pro option.
It seems that 386 and 486 are quite old and "Pentium Pro" appears most
recent? Am I correct?
I don't think there is a whole lot of difference even if you select
that. For example, I have never heard anyone say something anything
like, "I set the Pentium Pro instruction set, and WOW! My application
screamed after that!"
But it may offser some local improvements in certain sections of your
application. What specifically, I don't know. Sorry.
--
Chris (TeamB);