C++ Builder 6 Remote De{*word*81}

2007-07-11 04:02:27 AM
cppbuilder113
I have my application running on another PC.
At the beginning of my app, I have a pop-up message.
When I see the pop-up, I attach via the IDE.
I see my app in the list and click attach.
I put a break point right after the pop-up message.
I click run. Then I go back to the other machine and clear the message box.
My break point is ignored.
I should point out that when I set the break point, I get the red dot.
I do not see the little dots that normally show.
I did turn on all debug info when I compiled that app.
I am running Windows XP, service pack 2 on both machines.
I am using C++Builder Pro version 6.0 build 10.166
Thanks in advance for your help
John

Re:C++ Builder 6 Remote De{*word*81}

"John" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have my application running on another PC.
At the beginning of my app, I have a pop-up message.
When I see the pop-up, I attach via the IDE.
I see my app in the list and click attach.
I put a break point right after the pop-up message.
I click run. Then I go back to the other machine and clear the message
box.
My break point is ignored.

I should point out that when I set the break point, I get the red dot.
I do not see the little dots that normally show.

I did turn on all debug info when I compiled that app.
Make sure the TDS file for the EXE you want to debug is in the same folder
as the EXE (on the remote machine), and make sure it is the correct version.
The TDS and EXE files must be in sync or the de{*word*81} will not work
correctly, or will appear to function erratically.
- Dennis