How can I change the size of the ScrollBar Thumb ?

2006-03-30 07:54:09 PM
cppbuilder83
Hi, I'm having a horizontal ScrollBar on my form that I use to
scroll some data that I display on a label on the form, I take
the data from a database that can become larger or smaller during
running when the user Add or Delete items from it, what I need is
that the ScrollBar's Thumb will change it's size (it's width) to
indicate how many items are in the database, just like the thumb
on Notepad, or in the internet explorer, which is very Large when
the page is short, and very Small and thin when it's a long long
page with lot of data to scrolle up and down. how do I do that?
Now the Thumb of my scrollbar is allways at the same small size.
Thanks very much.

Re:How can I change the size of the ScrollBar Thumb ?

"Ramy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

[...] How do I do that?
Set it's Min/Max properties.
~ JD

Re:How can I change the size of the ScrollBar Thumb ?

No, it doesn't change anything, when the Min=0 I change the Max
to 5, to 100, or to 1000, the Thumb stay at the same (small)
size.
Ramy.
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

"Ramy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>[...] How do I do that?

Set it's Min/Max properties.

~ JD

{smallsort}

Ramy wrote:
No, it doesn't change anything, when the Min=0 I change the Max
to 5, to 100, or to 1000, the Thumb stay at the same (small)
size.
Indeed. Look at PageSize and LargeChange.
Hans.

Ramy wrote:
... what I need is
that the ScrollBar's Thumb will change it's size (it's width) to
indicate how many items are in the database,
That is not the right description. The size of the slider will indicate
the amount of data that can be seen compared to the total amount of
data.
TScrollBar.
Max: total amount.
PageSize and LargeIncrement: viewable amount.
Hans.

Re:How can I change the size of the ScrollBar Thumb ?

Thanks very much, exactly what I was looking for! :-)