BDS2007 - What does "ILINK_ObjectSearchPath" in .cbproj do.

2008-07-25 09:50:48 PM
cppbuilder112
I think BDS2007 is adding automatically adding Include paths and Library
paths to our .cbproj files and I do not know
what the conditions are that cause this to happen.
I noticed that one of the tags in the .cbproj file is
"ILINK_ObjectSearchPath" but I do not see any place that
I can change or delete the paths from the ProjectManager Options Form.
What does this tag do and must I remove the entries from the .cbproj by hand
to clean it up?
What are the conditions that cause a path to a project in a project group to
be added automatically by the IDE to a different .cbproj
in that project group?
Larry Griffiths.

Re:BDS2007 - What does "ILINK_ObjectSearchPath" in .cbproj do.

I see that Project Options has a checkbox to keep the IDE from messing with
the paths.
I will UnCheck it and see if it leaves the .cbproj paths alone.
Larry Griffiths.

Re:BDS2007 - What does "ILINK_ObjectSearchPath" in .cbproj do.

The Project Options/Project Properties/Manage include and library paths
appears to work but I cannot find where this option is stored.
I looked in the .cbproj file and the System Registry.
Does anyone know where this option is stored?
Larry Griffiths.

{smallsort}

Re:BDS2007 - What does "ILINK_ObjectSearchPath" in .cbproj do.

Ok then. I found the project option setting in column umpty zillion in the
.cbproj file.
The tag is "<ProjectProperties
Name="ManagePaths">False</ProjectProperties>".
All the questions I asked in this thread have been answered.
Larry Griffiths.