Linker: additional options

2008-02-14 03:49:54 AM
cppbuilder39
RAD2007
If you include your static libs in the "Additional Options" dialog under
Linker in the project options, project Make will not link the libs if they
have changed.
I spent a lot of time watching the de{*word*81} trace into weird places in the
lib source files after I made changes, thinking that they had been linked in
properly with Make.
Doing a Build fixed this issue, but was obviously time consuming.
I found that the libs need to be explicitly listed in the PM for the
dependency logic to link in changed libs with Make.
Is this behavior as intended?
Kevin

Re:Linker: additional options

Kevin wrote:
If you include your static libs in the "Additional Options" dialog under
Linker in the project options, project Make will not link the libs if they
have changed.
Is this behavior as intended?
Yes.
Use this feature for fixed (non-changing) libs.

Re:Linker: additional options

Belay that. I was deceiving myself.
My appologies.
Changing the project options was forcing the link during Make.
Changing static libs, by itself, does not invoke a link via Make.
Kevin
"Kevin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
RAD2007

If you include your static libs in the "Additional Options" dialog under
Linker in the project options, project Make will not link the libs if they
have changed.

{smallsort}