Re: New/ Delete

2008-05-02 01:35:20 AM
cppbuilder29
OK, I'll think on it some more.
Right now I'm not sure what it is buying me.
It seems like I'd still need to do all the same work.
As far as the Repository is concerned, can't I just add my own objects to
it, or do they need to be VCL or TFrames.
Thanks,
John

Re:Re: New/ Delete

"JohnC" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
OK, I'll think on it some more.
Right now I'm not sure what it is buying me.
Design-time support, mainly. You can install the TFrame into the
Repository, and then just drag&drop it onto UI elements of new applications,
tweak its own UI controls visually, etc.
Gambit

Re:Re: New/ Delete

Right now what I do is drop a TPanel onto the form where I want the object
to reside.
Then I use a constructor which has a pointer to the TPanel as a parameter.
For Example:
TJMCColorTable(TWinControl* InParent,int NmbShown,TPanel* ClientPanel);
John

"JohnC" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:4819ff59$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>OK, I'll think on it some more.
>Right now I'm not sure what it is buying me.

Design-time support, mainly. You can install the TFrame into the
Repository, and then just drag&drop it onto UI elements of new
applications, tweak its own UI controls visually, etc.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Re: New/ Delete

"JohnC" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Right now what I do is drop a TPanel onto the form where I
want the object to reside.
Then I use a constructor which has a pointer to the TPanel
as a parameter. For Example:
TJMCColorTable(TWinControl* InParent,int NmbShown,TPanel* ClientPanel);
TJMCColorTable could be a TFrame descendant, and then you can drop instances
of TJMCColorTable visually onto your TPanel at design-time and have full DFM
support for it, without instantiating it dynamically in code.
Gambit

Re:Re: New/ Delete

I see.
I'll try that and let you know later how things worked out.
Oh, one thing I forgot. I had asked somewhere in this thread whether I
could add objects to the Repository and make it easier to remember what I
have available and not have to remember exactly which directory I had stored
the source into. As it stands, I have a single directory for my objects and
subdirectories for subcategories. It works, but I'm always looking for
better ways of doing things.
Thanks for all your suggestions,
John