slowly going

2005-01-20 07:41:35 AM
cppbuilder104
Dear anyone,
I've in my attempt to start my Borland compiler on my windows xp system-
never used one before- can now get to C:\Borland\bcc55\bin,
i can edit bcc32.cfg,
but when I try to execute the compiler by typing bcc32 or bcc32.exe,
I get the "exampe of Bin from the user notes- - "if I were to run the
compiler bcc32.exe without any arguments I would get a dump of it's version
and command-line options as shown-
So I guess Bill Thompson's help got me a little further along- although
sadly, the only sore fingers I'm going to get for a bit are the ones getting
this thing started..

Re:slowly going

The compiler is a command-line compiler. It does not open a window with
menus in which you can arrange to do things. All of its input consists of
the items you tell it on the command line.
For how to use the compiler go to this page and follow on through the pages:
home.nc.rr.com/emulroy/howto.htm
. Ed
William Constable wrote in message
news:41eef028$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Dear anyone,
I've in my attempt to start my Borland compiler on my windows
xp system- never used one before- can now get to
C:\Borland\bcc55\bin, i can edit bcc32.cfg, but when I try to execute
the compiler by typing bcc32 or bcc32.exe, I get the "exampe of Bin
from the user notes- - "if I were to run the compiler bcc32.exe without
any arguments I would get a dump of it's version and command-line
options as shown-
So I guess Bill Thompson's help got me a little further along- although
sadly, the only sore fingers I'm going to get for a bit are the ones
getting
this thing started..

Re:slowly going

Check out www.pnotepad.org/index.html if you need a light weight
development enviroment that inegrates nicely with the make utilitiy.
"William Constable" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
Dear anyone,
I've in my attempt to start my Borland compiler on my windows xp
system-
never used one before- can now get to C:\Borland\bcc55\bin,
i can edit bcc32.cfg,
but when I try to execute the compiler by typing bcc32 or bcc32.exe,
I get the "exampe of Bin from the user notes- - "if I were to run the
compiler bcc32.exe without any arguments I would get a dump of it's
version
and command-line options as shown-
So I guess Bill Thompson's help got me a little further along- although
sadly, the only sore fingers I'm going to get for a bit are the ones
getting
this thing started..

{smallsort}