CGI DLL vs dot net

2005-03-30 06:57:03 PM
cppbuilder74
I want to ask which is better in the performance for CGI Dll and Dot Net?
somebody claim that CGI is as bad as ASP , is there real?
Thank you

Re:CGI DLL vs dot net

Emmanuel wrote:
I want to ask which is better in the performance for CGI Dll and Dot Net?
Don't understand your question. Which -and how many- things
are you comparing here ?
somebody claim that CGI is as bad as ASP , is there real?
What do you mean with ASP ? Like .exe, .php and .pl also .asp is cgi.
Hans.

Re:CGI DLL vs dot net

I say using C++builder to produce a DLL CGI , and using C# to produce a web
application,
which performance is better
because, I am using C++builder to produce a DLL CGI before, I need to know
whether I need to give up develop DLL CGI and start to using C#
"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >????
Emmanuel wrote:
>I want to ask which is better in the performance for CGI Dll and Dot
Net?

Don't understand your question. Which -and how many- things
are you comparing here ?

>somebody claim that CGI is as bad as ASP , is there real?

What do you mean with ASP ? Like .exe, .php and .pl also .asp is cgi.

Hans.

{smallsort}

Re:CGI DLL vs dot net

Emmanuel wrote:
I say using C++builder to produce a DLL CGI , and using C# to produce a web
application,
which performance is better
You are comparing a dll loaded by a webserver with a webapplication ?
Then what would that webapplication be ? A dll also or an exe ?
because, I am using C++builder to produce a DLL CGI before, I need to know
whether I need to give up develop DLL CGI and start to using C#
Why not do both ? You might find out yourself.
And what kind of performance ? Many clients at once ?
Handling a databasequery ?
Hans.

Re:CGI DLL vs dot net

I've used both. And as for performance, I belief when we are talking about
online, enterprise applications, this topic is almost errellelavant. In this
type of application, most of your performance bottleneck will likely be
confined to your IO tasks(DB/File, Connections, and etc...).
With that said, If I were you, I would concentrate on the functionality,
stability, flexibility, and scalability rather than performance.
I believe there's a place for every programming language. Your challenge is
to select the most appropriate one for your project/task.
Just for your gradification(not as a suggestion or recommendation), .NET
(similar to java and JIT) will compile to native code(this will take couple
steps though). So what can you lose.
Good luck
Jeff www.ruamkwamkid.com