getting started with MS SQL

2004-04-26 11:45:12 PM
cppbuilder67
ok I have Borland builder C++ 6.0, and and Enterprize MS SQL server. I read
somewhere that you can connect to the MS SQL via ADO/ODBC. What ODBC driver
is best to use. Currently I only have SQL driver but not MS SQL driver. And
secondly are there any white pages or books out there that out line this
with best practices?

Re:getting started with MS SQL

James Peterson stayed conscious long enough to blurt out:
ok I have Borland builder C++ 6.0, and and Enterprize MS SQL server.
I read somewhere that you can connect to the MS SQL via ADO/ODBC.
What ODBC driver is best to use. Currently I only have SQL driver but
not MS SQL driver. And secondly are there any white pages or books
out there that out line this with best practices?
I found a control set on corelab.com that makes it very easy. There's
58 pages of doc that come with it.
--
_willy

Re:getting started with MS SQL

thanx but I got ADO to work great with MS MS SQL. I figured out the ODBC
driver thing also.
Thanks.
"willy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
James Peterson stayed conscious long enough to blurt out:

>ok I have Borland builder C++ 6.0, and and Enterprize MS SQL server.
>I read somewhere that you can connect to the MS SQL via ADO/ODBC.
>What ODBC driver is best to use. Currently I only have SQL driver but
>not MS SQL driver. And secondly are there any white pages or books
>out there that out line this with best practices?

I found a control set on corelab.com that makes it very easy. There's
58 pages of doc that come with it.

--

_willy

{smallsort}