Is a Window frozen

2005-04-20 02:33:16 PM
cppbuilder37
Hi to all!
Is there un API to be used to verify if a window (a parent window) is
currently frozen (or busy)? My problem is: if I sent a message to a frozen
window control (i.e. SendMessage(Hwnd, WM_GETTEXT,
sizeof(Buff)-2,(long)Buff), my application freezes too.
Thank in advance.
Henry

Re:Is a Window frozen

Look at the Windows API function SendMessageCallback
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Look at the Windows API function SendMessageCallback
Or SendMessageTimeout()
Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Is a Window frozen

Cool - I never knew there even was a SendMessageTimeout - thanks!!
. Ed
Remy Lebeau wrote in message
news:4266853d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Look at the Windows API function SendMessageCallback

Or SendMessageTimeout()

Re:Is a Window frozen

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Cool - I never knew there even was a SendMessageTimeout - thanks!!
If memory serve me, SendMessageTimeout() is what the Task Manager uses to
determine if a program is "not responding".
Gambit

Re:Is a Window frozen

Tanks to all!
Henry