Indy TCP

2005-12-10 04:04:44 AM
cppbuilder33
Hi! I just want to say that i'm a newbie when it commes to programming.
Having said that, I have some questions.
I'm writing my own FileTransfer program, using the "IdTCPClient" and
"IdTCPServer" components in BCB6. I know how to create a connection to the
'other side', but I can't send any files.
Here's the code:
IdTCPClient1->BoundIP = Edit1->Text; //The IP of
the other computer
IdTCPClient1->Port = Edit2->Text.ToIntDef(0); //The Port is
set to 3000, but can be changed
IdTCPClient1->Connect();
IdTCPClient1->WriteFile("test\\test.txt");
if(IdTCPClient1->Connected() == true)
Label3->Caption ="Connected to the other side";
My problem is IdTCPClient1->WriteFile.
If you look at the HELP text, all you get is: '' function WriteFile(AFile:
String; const AEnableTransferFile: boolean): cardinal; virtual; ''
I have no idea how to continue.
/J

Re:Indy TCP

"Jesper" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm writing my own FileTransfer program
<snip>
Please do not cross-post. It is against Borland's newsgroup guidelines
(info.borland.com/newsgroups). Only post to the single most
appropriate group.
Your question has been answered in the .internet.socket newsgroup. This is
not a Web issue.
Gambit