Advice - DB Design book

2004-03-02 05:51:41 AM
cppbuilder64
Sorry if this belongs in the DB section...
I'm looking for a good intro/medium level book on DB design.
I have looked through the copy of DB Design for Mere Mortals at Chapters and
for 70$ I thought there was a little too much about interviewing etc.. for
my purposes.
Someone else suggested Database Design Clearly Explained....but haven't had
a chance to look through it.

Re:Advice - DB Design book

"Martin Fensome" wrote:
Sorry if this belongs in the DB section...

I'm looking for a good intro/medium level book on DB design.

I have looked through the copy of DB Design for Mere Mortals at Chapters
and
for 70$ I thought there was a little too much about interviewing etc.. for
my purposes.

Someone else suggested Database Design Clearly Explained....but haven't
had
a chance to look through it.
I don't know it fits in the catagory your looking for but Fundamentals of
Database Systems by Elmasri and Navathe is a very good book about database
systems.
Peter

Re:Advice - DB Design book

"Peter Agricola" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
I don't know it fits in the catagory your looking for but Fundamentals of
Database Systems by Elmasri and Navathe is a very good book about database
systems.

Peter
Thanks Peter, I'll check it out!

{smallsort}