(Still) Unable to upgrade BCB 6 Pro

2003-08-03 05:47:02 AM
cppbuilder105
Attempting to install update 4 I get the following message:
"Setup is not able to determine the product edition that was installed.
It does not appear that the update you are trying to apply matches the
edition that is installed. Product edition information in the registry
or binary files may also be corrupt. If you are sure that this update
is correct for the edition you have installed you may need to re-install
your product.
This installation is for updating:
Professional Edition"
I have uninstalled / re-installed / re-uninstalled / re-re-installed.
No luck. I've tried to run the BCB6 regclean but that refuses to run on
my Win98SE machine (requires WinNT or greater). I have manually wiped
out the BCB 6 registry entries. No luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim

Re:(Still) Unable to upgrade BCB 6 Pro

Jim,
Do you have any antivirus software running? If so, first try disabling it,
and then attempt to install Update #4 again. Also, just to confirm, this is
happening on a Windows 98 machine, correct?
-- YH --

Re:(Still) Unable to upgrade BCB 6 Pro

I disabled Norton AntiVirus but still get message:
"Setup is not able to determine the product edition that was installed.
It does not appear that the update you are trying to apply matches the
edition that is installed. Product edition information in the registry
or binary files may also be corrupt. If you are sure that this update
is correct for the edition you have installed you may need to re-install
your product.
This installation is for updating:
Professional Edition"
I'm using Win98SE and have tried several re-installations of CB6.
Any other ideas?
Jim
Yu-Chen Hsueh wrote:
Jim,

Do you have any antivirus software running? If so, first try disabling it,
and then attempt to install Update #4 again. Also, just to confirm, this is
happening on a Windows 98 machine, correct?

-- YH --

{smallsort}