Does BCB2006 accepts BCB6 projects?

2006-01-09 03:15:16 AM
cppbuilder74
Does BCB2006 accept a project built under BCB6?
Or does one, e.g. like going form BCB4 to BCB6, have to start
from scratch by creating a new project and add all existing units
one by one?
Wiebe

Re:Does BCB2006 accepts BCB6 projects?

"Wiebe Vos" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Does BCB2006 accept a project built under BCB6?
Or does one, e.g. like going form BCB4 to BCB6, have to start
from scratch by creating a new project and add all existing units
one by one?
No, it will open BCB6 projects and convert them to the new version 10
format.
Stewart

Re:Does BCB2006 accepts BCB6 projects?

It's explained in the feature matrix bds2006_feature_matrix.pdf : Yes!
Saludos
Sebastian
"Wiebe Vos" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Does BCB2006 accept a project built under BCB6?
Or does one, e.g. like going form BCB4 to BCB6, have to start
from scratch by creating a new project and add all existing units
one by one?

Wiebe

{smallsort}

Re:Does BCB2006 accepts BCB6 projects?

"Wiebe Vos" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does BCB2006 accept a project built under BCB6?
Or does one, e.g. like going form BCB4 to BCB6, have to start
from scratch by creating a new project and add all existing units
one by one?
Well, yes and no.. (This is speaking from a BCB5 perspective, but I'd expect
things to be similar for BCB6)
BDS2006 can 'import' BCB5 projects, but they're unlikely to work out of the
box without some tweaking. You may well be better off simply building one
from scratch...
I've filed three QC reports on bugs relating to the import
(22930,23034,23194). These may also exist on BCB6 projects.
Also, note that every part of the toolchain (C Compiler, linker, pas
compiler, Resource compiler, assembler) has it's individual set of paths for
includes, etc. While this is ultra-flexible, it's also a pain in the ass
when moving or porting projects.
There are system default paths, but AFAICT not default paths for each
project.
- Roddy

Re:Does BCB2006 accepts BCB6 projects?

Thank to all,
All my former upgrades, BCB3 to 4; BCB4 to 5; BCB5 to 6,
despite of what was officially stated, required a start form scratch
at the end of the day. All converted projects resulted in, sometimes
mysterious, AV's and/or crashes.
Since nobody mentions a definite succesfull import, I'll start from scratch
again.
Wiebe