Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

2005-10-11 04:54:49 PM
cppbuilder52
JED wrote:
Interesting, no programmers here look like that. A guy did have a
beard but he shaved it off yesterday.
Uh oh, I spot a trend.
My beard came of a couple of weeks back - first time I have seen my
chin in a decade!
AlisdairM(TeamB)

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

My beard came of a couple of weeks back - first time I have seen my
chin in a decade!
You obviously hadn't discovered mirrors back in 96-99 then =:-O

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

"Alisdair Meredith [TeamB]"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
JED wrote:

>Interesting, no programmers here look like that. A guy did have a
>beard but he shaved it off yesterday.

Uh oh, I spot a trend.

My beard came of a couple of weeks back - first time I have seen my
chin in a decade!
We weep. We really do.
(This wasn't to get past Canadian immigration, was it?)
Alan Bellingham
--
ACCU Conference 2006 - 19-22 April, Randolph Hotel, Oxford, UK

{smallsort}

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
At 16:15:37, 10.10.2005, David Erbas-White wrote:

Well, remote debugging was not available for Delphi 2005 at all, AFAIK. I
don't think it was available for Delphi 7 Professional either, only for
Enterprise or Architect.
Hard to verify, I can't find the D7 feature matrix on Borland's site.
Rob

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

"David Erbas-White" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
David Erbas-White wrote:

What's the matter with these people -- do they not even know how to use a
spell-checker in publically released product information?
"Publically"?

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

Robby Tanner wrote:
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote...

>Well, remote debugging was not available for Delphi 2005 at all,
>AFAIK. I don't think it was available for Delphi 7 Professional
>either, only for Enterprise or Architect.

Hard to verify, I can't find the D7 feature matrix on Borland's site.
www.borland.com/resources/en/pdf/products/cbuilder/cb6_featurematrix.pdf
Looks like it was Enterprise only in C++ Builder 6
www.borland.com/resources/en/pdf/products/delphi/del2005_feamatrix.pdf
There's a "remote debugging" feature in Delphi 2005 Pro & higher for
ASP.NET development. Not Remote Process Debugging.
Looks like the file "del7_feamatrix" has been removed from the web site.
But, google to the rescue, and Ħojo!
www.dts.nl/index.php/filemanager/download/72/Delphi_7_Studio_Feature_Matrix.pdf
Remote Process Debugging is *not* a feature of the Delphi 7 Professional
or Personal editions.
windows.epfl.ch/info/docs/del6_feamatrix.pdf
Remote Process debugging is Enterprise only for Delphi 6. Looks like a
wild goose chase to me.
--
-Brion

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

news:434aa98c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>David Erbas-White wrote:
>

>What's the matter with these people -- do they not even know how to use a
>spell-checker in publically released product information?

"Publically"?

<G>
At least I'm not sending it out to the world, just us folks here on the
group...
BTW, I don't normally quibble about minor mistakes within an email
(except the humorous ones), but in mass-released marketing materials
that are put out in a PDF? I used to have more effort put into
double-checking test procedures used by a half-dozen people or so than
Borland seems to put into this stuff.
David Erbas-White

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

pdf

Looks like it was Enterprise only in C++ Builder 6
That feature matrix says that "remote COM debugging" is available only in
Enterprise, and doesn't refer to (from what I can tell) normal remote
debugging. Since C++Builder 6 Pro does support remote debugging, it might
be reasonable to assume that the BCB 2006 feature matrix actually was
intended to mean "remote COM debugging." But it's just a guess.
- Dennis

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

At 19:51:26, 10.10.2005, David Erbas-White wrote:
What the
heck is a 'releaes' ("How Do I Buy Borland Developer Studio?")?
The entire sentence is weird:
For this releaes, Borland Developer Studio is being sold under the
traditional Delphi? C++Builder? and C#Builder?
brands for this release
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

Dennis Jones wrote:

www.borland.com/resources/en/pdf/products/cbuilder/cb6_featurematrix.pdf

>Looks like it was Enterprise only in C++ Builder 6

That feature matrix says that "remote COM debugging" is available only
in Enterprise, and doesn't refer to (from what I can tell) normal
remote debugging. Since C++Builder 6 Pro does support remote
debugging, it might be reasonable to assume that the BCB 2006 feature
matrix actually was intended to mean "remote COM debugging." But it's
just a guess.
I was looking at page 5, where it said Smart CodeGuard remote debugging.
That was also listed as Enterprise only. There are only two remote
debugging things listed in the Feature Matrix, I'm afraid I don't know
enough to know what's what.
--
-Brion

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

I just reported the above error to the appropriate contact via the
website -- I received an "out of office autoreply" message in response.

I also just went to re-read the 'faq' more carefully. What's the matter
with these people -- do they not even know how to use a spell-checker in
publically released product information? What the heck is a 'releaes'
("How Do I Buy Borland Developer Studio?")?

What about no printed manuals:
"Visit the JBuilder documentation page
info.borland.com/techpubs/delphi/ for documentation updates."
/Niklas

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

"Brion L. Webster" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Dennis Jones wrote:

www.borland.com/resources/en/pdf/products/cbuilder/cb6_featurematrix
.pdf

>>Looks like it was Enterprise only in C++ Builder 6
>
>That feature matrix says that "remote COM debugging" is available only
>in Enterprise, and doesn't refer to (from what I can tell) normal
>remote debugging. Since C++Builder 6 Pro does support remote
>debugging, it might be reasonable to assume that the BCB 2006 feature
>matrix actually was intended to mean "remote COM debugging." But it's
>just a guess.

I was looking at page 5, where it said Smart CodeGuard remote debugging.
That was also listed as Enterprise only. There are only two remote
debugging things listed in the Feature Matrix, I'm afraid I don't know
enough to know what's what.
Since I only have the professional edition, I'm afraid I have no idea what
"smart CodeGuard remote debugging" is either. I suspect it is yet another
remote debugging feature, separate and distinct from "remote COM debugging"
and normal (what most people think of as) remote debugging.
As usual, Borland's marketing language is so vague as to be nearly useless.
Marketing folks probably don't even know what "remote debugging" is!
- Dennis

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

Dennis,
If you are going to quote back excessive amounts then please top post.
To certain people (you know who you are): Is this a top post or a bottom post?

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

Randall Parker wrote:
Dennis,

If you are going to quote back excessive amounts then please top post.

To certain people (you know who you are): Is this a top post or a bottom
post?
'
.
David Erbas-White

Re:Re: FWIW: C++Builder 2006

The link under "How do I buy..." is also a dead link,
www.borland.com/company/contact/where-to-buy.html
AAArrrrgggghhh!!!