Board index » cppbuilder » BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released


2006-01-05 07:17:43 AM
cppbuilder98
The BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese is now released.
www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_bds.html
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen
 
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

Quote
P.S.: Yes, I know I could have ordered BDS 2006 with the C++ "technology preview".
Actually, you couldn't. You could have ordered Delphi 2006 with the C++ technology preview but BDS 2006 NEVER SHIPPED with the technology preview.
I felt the need to mention that for some reason? <g>
Can't answer your other question though!
Andy
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Quote
The BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese is now released.

www.borland.com/downloads/registered/download_bds.html


I wonder when they will release the international versions of BDS 2006. I
ordered an upgrade from BCB6 to BDS2006 4 weeks ago and still no sign of the
german release version. Update is out - where is the software to apply the
update to? :)
Anyone knows when the german release version will be out?
Regards
Eike
P.S.: Yes, I know I could have ordered BDS 2006 with the C++ "technology preview".
 

{smallsort}

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

At 11:37:41, 05.01.2006, Andy Walker wrote:
Quote


>P.S.: Yes, I know I could have ordered BDS 2006 with the C++
>"technology preview".

Actually, you couldn't. You could have ordered Delphi 2006 with the
C++ technology preview but BDS 2006 NEVER SHIPPED with the technology
preview.
Did you guys mean BCB2006 and not BDS2006, perhaps?
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"Everyone is a genius at least once a year; a real genius has his
original ideas closer together."
- Georg Lichtenberg (1742-1799)
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

Quote

Did you guys mean BCB2006 and not BDS2006, perhaps?
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
:) Of course we did. That'll be the confusion caused by the
Borland marketing dept. I'm just not sure what anything is
called anymore.
Andy
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

At 13:21:26, 05.01.2006, Andy Walker wrote:
Quote

>
>Did you guys mean BCB2006 and not BDS2006, perhaps?
>--
>Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/

:) Of course we did. That'll be the confusion caused by the
Borland marketing dept. I'm just not sure what anything is
called anymore.

Andy
LOL! The product you get is called BDS 2006, but it is sold as either BCB
2006, Delphi 2006 or C#B 2006. Not confusing at all. <vbg>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind." -- Alan Kay
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] wrote:
Quote
LOL! The product you get is called BDS 2006, but it is sold as either BCB
2006, Delphi 2006 or C#B 2006. Not confusing at all. <vbg>
Hmm. Mine's called "Delphi 2006" and in small letters: "Part of
Borland Developer Studio".
Strange thing is I got it as an upgrade on my BCB6 SA contract. Things
are even stranger than they seem. Not that I was not happy to get the
new BDS in the first round of shipping, but I'd hate to think that I
am down in the Borland books as a loyal Delphi developer.
- Leo
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

Leo Siefert wrote:
Quote
but I'd hate to think that I
am down in the Borland books as a loyal Delphi developer.
No, you're definitely in the "disloyal" column... <g,d,&r>
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'
- Mercedes Lackey
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

"Brion L. Webster" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Quote
Leo Siefert wrote:

>but I'd hate to think that I
>am down in the Borland books as a loyal Delphi developer.

No, you're definitely in the "disloyal" column... <g,d,&r>
:)
I do hope that none of the Delphi programmers (Rudy, for example) took
my comment the wrong way - it was not meant to dis Delphi, only to say
that Borland needs to know that there are BCB users.
- Leo
 

Re:BDS 2006 Update 1 for German, French and Japanese released

At 20:24:15, 06.01.2006, Leo Siefert wrote:
Quote
"Brion L. Webster" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Leo Siefert wrote:
>
>>but I'd hate to think that I
>>am down in the Borland books as a loyal Delphi developer.
>
>No, you're definitely in the "disloyal" column... <g,d,&r>

:)
I do hope that none of the Delphi programmers (Rudy, for example) took
my comment the wrong way
Can't speak for the others, but I didn't take any offense. Everyone
should use the language with which he or she is most comfortable, IMO. In
my case that is Delphi, but I can understand why others choose other
languages.
If I ever post anything "insulting" about C++, it is never meant
seriously. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"Being on the tightrope is living; everything else is waiting."
-- Karl Wallenda