Re: TDUMP

2005-01-20 06:33:47 AM
cppbuilder4
Randall Barber wrote:
I have an old EXE that I'm trying to dump symbol table on. Using Borlands
v5.5 free tools (TDUMP), I am able to dump the header and relocation
entries. However, when it gets down to the symbol information I get:

Borland TLINK Symbol Table Present
Symbolic Information Version: 3.10
Invalid Debug Version ID: relink with new linker

Now--had I the source, I would LOVE to relink. Since I don't, can one of
you tell me what will read that last section in the EXE?
Must be a realy old exe. Probably 16 bit.
The v5.5 programs you are trying to use (actually, Builder versions,
so off topic for this group) only support 32 bit code.
The v5.5 versions don't place the symbol info in the exe, so not too
surprising they don't read it well.
You could try the BC++3.1 or perhaps up to the BC++5.02 (all
pre-Builder versions)

Re:Re: TDUMP

I don't suppose you know where I could get a hold of the TDUMP for these
versions? I've been all over google looking for BC++3.1 and 5.02. It looks
like both of those were/are commercial and still supported? Does anyone
have a TDUMP from these releases I could get a hold of?
Thanks
RDB
"Bob Gonder" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Randall Barber wrote:

>I have an old EXE that I'm trying to dump symbol table on. Using Borlands
>v5.5 free tools (TDUMP), I am able to dump the header and relocation
>entries. However, when it gets down to the symbol information I get:
>
>Borland TLINK Symbol Table Present
>Symbolic Information Version: 3.10
>Invalid Debug Version ID: relink with new linker
>
>Now--had I the source, I would LOVE to relink. Since I don't, can one of
>you tell me what will read that last section in the EXE?

Must be a realy old exe. Probably 16 bit.
The v5.5 programs you are trying to use (actually, Builder versions,
so off topic for this group) only support 32 bit code.
The v5.5 versions don't place the symbol info in the exe, so not too
surprising they don't read it well.

You could try the BC++3.1 or perhaps up to the BC++5.02 (all
pre-Builder versions)

Re:Re: TDUMP

Nevermind--after playing with the search criteria for a few hours, I
finally found a link on google page 14 to a site that had a TDUMP v3.1.
Marvellous!
Ciao
RDB
Bob Gonder wrote:
Randall Barber wrote:

>I have an old EXE that I'm trying to dump symbol table on. Using Borlands
>v5.5 free tools (TDUMP), I am able to dump the header and relocation
>entries. However, when it gets down to the symbol information I get:
>
>Borland TLINK Symbol Table Present
>Symbolic Information Version: 3.10
>Invalid Debug Version ID: relink with new linker
>
>Now--had I the source, I would LOVE to relink. Since I don't, can one of
>you tell me what will read that last section in the EXE?

Must be a realy old exe. Probably 16 bit.
The v5.5 programs you are trying to use (actually, Builder versions,
so off topic for this group) only support 32 bit code.
The v5.5 versions don't place the symbol info in the exe, so not too
surprising they don't read it well.

You could try the BC++3.1 or perhaps up to the BC++5.02 (all
pre-Builder versions)

{smallsort}