Distribution File List

2006-11-20 04:24:41 PM
cppbuilder110
Does Borland make an application that will list all the files that must be
distributed with a .exe? I have not found a good third part tool for this.
I am distributing an .exe that creates a COM object and I believe I am
missing a distribution file because the COM object can only be created on
computers which have the target COM program and BCB installed. If BCB is not
installed the COM object fails to create. I am distributing the files listed
below. Are there any other files I need to ship when creating a COM object?
nmfast60.bpl
rtl60.bpl
vcl60.bpl
cc3260mt.dll
borlndmm.dll
Thanks
Larry Johnson.

Re:Distribution File List

Does Borland make an application that will list all the files that must be
distributed with a .exe? I have not found a good third part tool for
this.

Use TDUMP.EXE :
tdump yourdll.dll>yourdll.out
Check the files which you are importing symbols from.
Mark

Re:Distribution File List

"LarryJ" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does Borland make an application that will list all the files that must be
distributed with a .exe? I have not found a good third part tool for
this.
There are plenty of tools that can do that, such as Borland's own TDUMP.EXE,
or Dependancy Walker.
I am distributing an .exe that creates a COM object and I believe I am
missing a distribution file because the COM object can only be created
on computers which have the target COM program and BCB installed.
You did not compile your project for static linking, so it has dependancies
on all of the external VCL libraries that your project references. Simply
disable the "Use dynamic RTL" and "Build with runtime packages" settings in
the Project Options to remove those dependancies.
Gambit

{smallsort}