BCB-tools

2006-09-14 01:58:53 AM
cppbuilder107
Hi,
Has anyone visited bcb-tools.com for while?
bcb-tools.com/Welcome.htm

Re:BCB-tools

Jo Reffey wrote:
Has anyone visited bcb-tools.com for while?

bcb-tools.com/Welcome.htm
I do not know should I laugh or not...
In fact probably not...

Re:BCB-tools

Please direct your browser at info.borland.com/newsgroups/ and
read the newsgroup guidelines. One of them asks us not to post the
same question to different newsgroups, but to pick the most
appropriate one and just post there. Thanks!

{smallsort}

Re:BCB-tools

Cool, I will pay my copy when learned BCB+VCL.
Saludos
Sebastian
"Jo Reffey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Has anyone visited bcb-tools.com for while?

bcb-tools.com/Welcome.htm

Re:BCB-tools

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:58:53 -0700, Jo Reffey wrote:
Jo,
Please don't cross-post in these groups.
--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc rohloff -at- myrealbox -dot- com

Re:BCB-tools

"Jo Reffey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Has anyone visited bcb-tools.com for while?

bcb-tools.com/Welcome.htm
It seems to have turned into a crank site.
The owner is now pushing some sort of immortality cure on a side link:
" This entire website has been setup so that you, my visitor, can read
some theories about death, how to cure it, how to reverse ageing, and
how to cure all genetic illnesses known to mankind, etc. all using my
own ideas and skills and technologies that i plan on creating in the
forseeable future.
Note: These are MY ideas and plans, not yours.
These ideas and plans are Copyright ?2006++ Darren John Dwyer,
Sydney, Australia, All Rights Reserved. Any duplication of these
ideas or plans is a breach of international copyright law and will
result in legal action.
::Please Note::
I am mentally ill, suffering from schizophrenia (a genetic illness),
which is the worst type of mental illness, a severe and debilitating
condition... i suffer from delusions of grandeur, extreme paranoia and
thought disorders...
"

Re:BCB-tools

Darko Miletic < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Jo Reffey wrote:
>Hi,
>Has anyone visited bcb-tools.com for while?
>bcb-tools.com/Welcome.htm

I do not know should I laugh or not...
In fact probably not...

Some more very strange stuff from the author:
"On my birthday in 2003, just over two years ago, I woke up one day
after all those years of contemplation and finally realized that after
all the thinking and research and effort, i'd finally got it figured
out...
"Eureka! I've finally figured it out..." "I'm never going to die! I'm
going to live forever - young!" "Whoa... what do i do now?"
So, ever since, I have contemplated my discoveries, theorized the hell
out of them, planned what todo, thought about the ramifications of
such a fundamental discovery, and so on...
Now, i finally built up the skills and chutzpah and have sorted out my
life situation so that i am fully able to do what i need to do for the
rest of my life... my 50+ year plan...
Essentially, I'm not going to die. "

Re:BCB-tools

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
"Jo Reffey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Hi,
>Has anyone visited bcb-tools.com for while?
>
>bcb-tools.com/Welcome.htm

It seems to have turned into a crank site.

The owner is now pushing some sort of immortality cure on a side link:
Cure or no cure. It's really depressing reading the
stuff he wrote on the main page. Sounds as much
desperate as it is pitiful. :I
Ed

Re:BCB-tools

Ed wrote:
Cure or no cure. It's really depressing reading the
stuff he wrote on the main page. Sounds as much
desperate as it is pitiful. :I
It almost drove me to tears, honestly. It is sad, really sad, I wish I
could do something... stories like that are the reason I decided *not*
to be a psychiatrist in the first place. :(
--
Ken
kencamargo.webhop.net

Re:BCB-tools

And stories like that are the reason why I gave up on Borland - inventors of
best development tools but worst to market them.
stories like that are the reason I decided *not*
to be a psychiatrist in the first place. :(

"Kenneth de Camargo" <I use google's mail service, where I go by the user
name "kencamargo">wrote in message
Ed wrote:

>Cure or no cure. It's really depressing reading the
>stuff he wrote on the main page. Sounds as much
>desperate as it is pitiful. :I

It almost drove me to tears, honestly. It is sad, really sad, I wish I
could do something... stories like that are the reason I decided *not*
to be a psychiatrist in the first place. :(

--
Ken
kencamargo.webhop.net
* this is not a sig *

Re:BCB-tools

The page is downright bizzare now. As a registered buyer of the BCB tools
some years ago, the mail has occasionally been full of all sorts of strange
pleads and opinions. His openess about suffering from schizofrenia now
explains a lot. Quite a sad story, the tools seems to be serious work but I
opted to not include them in any commercial app for obvious reasons. Darren,
wish you all well.
"Jo Reffey" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
Has anyone visited bcb-tools.com for while?

bcb-tools.com/Welcome.htm

Re:BCB-tools

Very very sad :-( . Unfortunately his tools while apparently
exceptionally good in terms of technology (Please note, I have not
tested them, so I just judge by the site), are not based very well
market wise. BCB is a very small community (Partially thanks to
Borland's less than symbolic marketing efforts.), and the DX users are
probably even less. To be honest I am impressed that he has sold 100
copies. This means that there are 100 companies doing DirectX with C++
Builder, a bit above my estimate. Has he had written it for Delphi, he
would have feared much better :-( . Has he had written it one way or
another for VC+ (I am not talking about specifics), he may have been
rich by now :-( . Being a poor marketing buy myself, I don't want to
comment on his marketing approaches either. I hope he will get better
and will refocus his approach, or that Borland finally will reenter the
C++ market full charge (Wishful thinking). And I hope he will get
mentally, physically, and financially better. And no, it surely is not
funny :-( .
With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Ed < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Cure or no cure. It's really depressing reading the
stuff he wrote on the main page. Sounds as much
desperate as it is pitiful. :I
Equally sadly, he is now living in Riverstone, one of the slum areas
of Sydney. Only we are too "egalitarian" to call it a slum...

Re:BCB-tools

Off Topic:
Since you seem to know Sydney:
A long time ago my wife and I spent some time in Sydney. We've always
wondered how one area has fared. What is King's Cross like these days?
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Ed Mulroy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
A long time ago my wife and I spent some time in Sydney. We've always
wondered how one area has fared. What is King's Cross like these days?
Semi-seedy.
It has two major facets:
1. {*word*41}s and {*word*110}.
2. Clubs ( with a not-so-clandestine drug sales and a lot of corrupt police )
However, in a couple of decades, it could become an expensive area to live in.
There has been a move in the last 7 years or so to "gentrify" some of
these areas. Parts of Redfern (a sad city slum that many urban Aboriginal
Australians end up in) are starting to look upmarket. Kings Cross is
heading towards gentrification too.