Would someone please compile a program for me?

2008-07-06 02:02:05 AM
cppbuilder0
Hi,
Can anyone help me out by compiling a Borland Builder C++ 5 Professional program for me? I do not own and I am not familiar with any of the Borland products. I have the source to a program written in Borland Builder 5 that I would like compiled so that I can run it. It is a program on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric government website noaasis.noaa.gov/LRIT/software.htm that is used to display weather satellite photos. The program is public domain but they don't have the compiled version on line, go figure. I specifically only need the LRITViewer programmer compiled located in the EMWIN ZIP file under \NewDomain6\D6\LritViewer folder to run on a PC.
Many thanks,
Ed

Re:Would someone please compile a program for me?

Ed Murashie wrote:
Can anyone help me out by compiling a Borland Builder C++ 5 Professional program for me?
Have a look in borland.public.attachments

Hans Galema < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Ed Murashie wrote:

>Can anyone help me out by compiling a Borland Builder C++ 5 Professional program for me?

Have a look in borland.public.attachments
I can't thank you enough!!
It only works with text files right now. When I load an LRIT image, which examples are at noaasis.noaa.gov/LRIT/testing.htm , I get "Abnormal Program Termination". I have an email into Avtec, the folks that contracted with NOAA to write the software, to see if they can help, while I am looking at the source code to see if I am missing a file or the LRIT data is in the wrong format.
I just want to thank you again for taking time out to compile the program, it was killing me know if the program really worked.
Ed

{smallsort}

Re:Would someone please compile a program for me?

You could also take a look at the downloadable turbo explorer builder
edition - you might have some chance that the project would upgrade, and
compile cleanly, and then you could actually debug it... (Since you're
apparently able to read the code, this might be an option for you to
consider.)
www.turboexplorer.com/downloads
"Ed Murashie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Hans Galema < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Ed Murashie wrote:
>
>>Can anyone help me out by compiling a Borland Builder C++ 5
>>Professional program for me?

It only works with text files right now. When I load an LRIT image, which
examples are at noaasis.noaa.gov/LRIT/testing.htm , I get "Abnormal
Program Termination". I have an email into Avtec, the folks that
contracted with NOAA to write the software, to see if they can help, while
I am looking at the source code to see if I am missing a file or the LRIT
data is in the wrong format.

Re:Would someone please compile a program for me?

"Ed Murashie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Hans Galema < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Ed Murashie wrote:
>
>>Can anyone help me out by compiling a Borland Builder C++ 5
>>Professional program for me?
>
>Have a look in borland.public.attachments

I can't thank you enough!!

It only works with text files right now. When I load an LRIT image, which
examples are at noaasis.noaa.gov/LRIT/testing.htm , I get "Abnormal
Program Termination". I have an email into Avtec, the folks that
contracted with NOAA to write the software, to see if they can help, while
I am looking at the source code to see if I am missing a file or the LRIT
data is in the wrong format.
I compiled it under C++ Builder 5 Pro and the executable produced handles
the example lrit files correctly, with no errors (for example
gms05chnIR02rgnFDseg000res16dat127201139431_030.lrit). Perhaps something
else is wrong. Anyway, you can find my com;pile of LRIT Viewer at :-
www.graphiceq.f2s.com/LritViewer.exe
Size is 882K
--
Mark Jacobs