upgrade iphlpapi.dll

2006-10-27 05:36:30 PM
cppbuilder50
on win2000 SP4 I have the iphlpapi.dll rev. 5.0.2195.6602.
This revision didn't implement the AllocateAndGetExTcpTableFromStack()
function.
So I want to upgrade it to a newer function.
Is possible to do that, what revison of this dll I need and where can I
found it and there are some dependencies involved ?
I want to avoid to load the huge numberg of security update, because I
have to replicate what I do on my PC on the customer server and I have
some trouble in the past installing some security update, so I prefer
to load also what is strictly required.
regards, Enzo

Re:upgrade iphlpapi.dll

"enzo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
on win2000 SP4 I have the iphlpapi.dll rev. 5.0.2195.6602.
This revision didn't implement the AllocateAndGetExTcpTableFromStack()
function. So I want to upgrade it to a newer function.
You can't officially upgrade it. You will have to upgrade to XP instead.
With that said, there are copies of iphlpapi.dll floating around online for
download. I would not recommend doing that, but it is an option if you
don't mind risking your system.
Gambit

Re:upgrade iphlpapi.dll

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
You can't officially upgrade it. You will have to upgrade to XP instead.

With that said, there are copies of iphlpapi.dll floating around online
for
download. I would not recommend doing that, but it is an option if you
don't mind risking your system.

I tried it, but the new dll has some entry moved in ntdll.dll, so the
upgrade require also this change, which should be risky for the system.
I have also tried to some security ?? update of microsoft, which have newest
iphldapi.dll, but also this should be an hazard.
regards, Enzo

{smallsort}