Focusing on a TImage Canvas

I want to be able to use the TAB button to navigate though a number of
different parts of a Canvas on a TImage control.  I have a Picture of
several custom made buttons loaded in a TImage control which simulate
some normal button functions.  I want to be able to TAB through other
standard VCL components and then TAB through the Images of the custom
made buttons.
I know that TCanvas has DrawFocusRect() method which is what I am using
but I have problems trying to capture the TAB keypress so I can
manaully Draw the Focus Rectangle simulating which custom made button
on the TImage's canvas has the focus.

All help is very appreciated.

Thankyou

Scott Kent-Collins