Printing Problems ....

I am unable to print any ting from C++Builder 5.0 to a Zerox laser printer
...... I can print fine to any other machine.  Zerox claims Borland has a
layer between the application and the OS and it's their concern.  Any
suggestions?

Dan Greer
dangr...@pmicp.com

Re:Printing Problems ....

> I am unable to print any ting from C++Builder 5.0 to a Zerox laser printer
> ...... I can print fine to any other machine.  Zerox claims Borland has a
> layer between the application and the OS and it's their concern.  Any
> suggestions?

> Dan Greer

It sounds to me like Xerox is passing the buck, which they are known to do.
My wife works at the local Community College and they have had a lot to do
with Xerox products in the past.  Notice I said "in the past."

C++Builder and Delphi (all versions) print fine to my NEC 860.

Larry.

Re:Printing Problems ....

Can you print to that printer from other apps?
Dan Greer wrote:
> I am unable to print any ting from C++Builder 5.0 to a Zerox laser printer
> ...... I can print fine to any other machine.  Zerox claims Borland has a
> layer between the application and the OS and it's their concern.  Any
> suggestions?

> Dan Greer
> dangr...@pmicp.com

Re:Printing Problems ....

Yes! All other programs print fine .... except Borland .. and any programs I
have compiled with C++Builder .... it never makes it to the print manager
... NOTHING .... and without paying the big bucks there is as far as I can
see no way to contact Borland about it!  Do they Care?
"Steve Contris" <st...@schoolmaster.com> wrote in message

> Can you print to that printer from other apps?

> Dan Greer wrote:

> > I am unable to print any ting from C++Builder 5.0 to a Zerox laser
printer
> > ...... I can print fine to any other machine.  Zerox claims Borland has
> > layer between the application and the OS and it's their concern.  Any
> > suggestions?

> > Dan Greer
> > dangr...@pmicp.com

Re:Printing Problems ....

"Dan Greer" <dangr...@pmicp.com> wrote in message news:3a68b2cb$1_1@dnews...
> I am unable to print any ting from C++Builder 5.0 to a Zerox laser printer
> ...... I can print fine to any other machine.  Zerox claims Borland has a
> layer between the application and the OS and it's their concern.  Any
> suggestions?

This solution is brought to you by Joe Hecht's TExcellent products,
solving Form.Print and bitmap printing problems. Joe Hecht's TExcellent
products can be found at: www.code4sale.com/joehecht/index.htm

We have solved this one! The answer is available in our FAQs for
all of our printing products. The FAQ is online, so you are not required
to purchase one of our product to find the answer :)

Joe

Re:Printing Problems ....

We had this problem once with Xerox 4508.
We had to flash the printing setup dialog
and press ok for it to work, or we got black
pages.
A litte embarrasing, but it worked.

Morten Espeland

"Dan Greer" <dangr...@pmicp.com> wrote in message news:3a68b2cb$1_1@dnews...
> I am unable to print any ting from C++Builder 5.0 to a Zerox laser printer
> ...... I can print fine to any other machine.  Zerox claims Borland has a
> layer between the application and the OS and it's their concern.  Any
> suggestions?

> Dan Greer
> dangr...@pmicp.com

Re:Printing Problems ....

I have come to the conclusion that the problem is a Borland printing problem
(BUG) .... if I do not use the vcl package to print and use standard windows
calls  ...... I can print to a Xerox printer fine ........ but no mater
what, If I am using the vcl it acts as though it is going to print and then
drops everything.   It also doesn't print from the IDE.  If you try to
highlight a section of code and print .... it does nothing.   I really must
say that Joe Hecht from www.code4sale.com tried hard and I really appreciate
his help, but Borland needs to come down to earth and help. ....yea right!

Thanks,

Dan

> > I am unable to print any ting from C++Builder 5.0 to a Zerox laser
printer
> > ...... I can print fine to any other machine.  Zerox claims Borland has
> > layer between the application and the OS and it's their concern.  Any
> > suggestions?

> > Dan Greer
> > dangr...@pmicp.com

Other Threads