TComboBox

How do you close up the drop down part of a TComboBox in the OnDropDown
event? When I click on the down arrow I do not want the drop down part to
drop down how do I keep this from happen?

Thanks
Mike

Re:TComboBox

Then why are you using a TComboBox to begin with?

Try setting the Style property to one of the OwnerDraw values, and then
handle r drawing (or not drawing) the drop-down menu yourself.

Gambit

"Mike Graves" <catc...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> When I click on the down arrow I do not want the drop down part to
> drop down how do I keep this from happen?

Re:TComboBox

Seems like all you need is an editbox. Any reason why you want a combobox
that acts like an editbox? Just curious.

Vijay

Mike Graves <catc...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> How do you close up the drop down part of a TComboBox in the OnDropDown
> event? When I click on the down arrow I do not want the drop down part to
> drop down how do I keep this from happen?

> Thanks
> Mike

Re:TComboBox

I'm using the top part of a combo box and a TStringGrid for the botton.
String grid is more flexible. An edit box does not have the down arrow. If I
can't get rid of the drop down I'll just use a button and put an arrow on.

Vijay <kovv...@tamu.edu> wrote in message

> Seems like all you need is an editbox. Any reason why you want a combobox
> that acts like an editbox? Just curious.

> Vijay
> Mike Graves <catc...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > How do you close up the drop down part of a TComboBox in the OnDropDown
> > event? When I click on the down arrow I do not want the drop down part
> > drop down how do I keep this from happen?

> > Thanks
> > Mike

Other Threads