Preventing a form from being minimized when main form minimizes

In my application, when main form minimizes all the other forms are also
minimized.
I want only main form minimized and other non-modal forms stay.

My first try is to trap the minimize event of the child form ...
But it worked only for clicking the minimize button of the child form.

The second try is to set child form's parent to desktop window
like this...

fmNewWin = new TfmChild(Application);
fmNewWin->Parent = NULL;
fmNewWin->ParentWindow = GetDesktopWindow();
fmNewWin->Show();

At first it seems to work fine, but fmNewWin never get focus for a keyboard
input.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Allen Jeon

Re:Preventing a form from being minimized when main form minimizes

Hi, Allen!

Have you tried it with no ParentWindow setting?
Also, please don't cross post as it is against the newsgroup guidelines
(http://www.borland.com/newsgroups)

------
Mark Cashman, TeamB C++ Builder
C++ Builder, JBuilder programming information
Home of The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring - Join us!
------

Other Threads