How to tell C++Builder to stop creating .tds files

Hi,

I am using C++Builder 5 professional.
If I understand correctly, .tds files are for debugging purposes, if so, how
can I tell the C++Builder to stop creating it? I have unchecked the
debugging check boxes  in /Project/Options/Compiler but still the .tds file
was created, I also pressed /Project/Options/Compiler/Release but no matter
what I did the .tds file was created. I am trying to save disk space and
fasten compilation times so any other ideas to accomplish this are also
welcomed.

Thanx,
Sharon

Re:How to tell C++Builder to stop creating .tds files

You cannot suppress creating a TDS file.  The TDS file contains information
on the build and debugging information.  Part of what it does speeds the
linking process.

.  Ed

> I am using C++Builder 5 professional.
> If I understand correctly, .tds files are for debugging purposes,
> if so, how can I tell the C++Builder to stop creating it? I have
> unchecked the debugging check boxes  in /Project/Options/
> Compiler but still the .tds file was created, ...
> ... I am trying to save disk space and fasten compilation times
> so any other ideas to accomplish this are also
> welcomed.

Re:How to tell C++Builder to stop creating .tds files

Hi Sharon,
In Projects, Options, Linker, uncheck Create Debug Information.

Buster.

Re:How to tell C++Builder to stop creating .tds files

> In Projects, Options, Linker, uncheck Create Debug Information.

Sorry! "Create debug information adds debug information to the
final executable image", which has nothing to do with your question.

Buster

Other Threads